News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

544B on a 1a2?

Started by rtp129495, February 12, 2013, 08:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtp129495

does a 544B work on a 1a2 key? or is the connection method just diffferent and it works?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271154953640

it talks about a 44A connecting block?? it doesn't have the connector like the other key phones. so is there a special method to hook it to a key system?

Babybearjs

the cord has to be updated. back in the 50's, all the phones were hardwired so they couldnt be moved... the connections are basically the same, just not as many as the 564.. I have a 544 and used some Cat5 cords on mine. easy solution, but requires some planning...
John

poplar1

You can either connect a cable with amphenol plug to the existing 44A blocks, replace the mounting cord with a newer plug-ended one, or run 25-pair (or less--only need about 10 pairs for 3 lines and ringer) cable from the 44A blocks directly to the Key System.

Personally, I think it looks better with the original cord and blocks.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

cello973

Hey, I just bought that phone on ebay a few days ago.... The 544B will work on both 1A & 1A1/2 all you have to do as previously mentioned is hardwire the 44A blocks back to your KSU I personally wouldn't change the cord as it takes away from its original look. BTW there is a strap you may need to move on the hold button contacts to make it work on 1a1/2.

Oh and here is what the auction phone looks like today. Ill probably hard wire it in the next day or so to the 1A2.

Vince

Babybearjs

oh by the way, does anyone have extra lamp covers for these units? I have one of these phones but the plastic lamp cover assembly got broken on one of the buttons and I need to replace it. whos got the parts for this series phone??
John