News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

LME "Railroad" DBT15

Started by dsk, May 27, 2017, 03:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I just got this. Had to pick up a drive and pick it up at the railroad.  They are modernizing the signal system, and this heavy steel rod with phone and other boxes was missed when they picked up the garbage.

It had obviously been laying there for a while, the phone was half full of water, but with a new transmitter and receiver I'll get it working!

dsk

dsk

Just some cleaning, and a new receiver was needed, the transmitter is good. I believe the capasitor in the compensation loop is defect, so it is a loud sidetone. May change it but it works as it is..

AL_as_needed

Nice find/save dsk, it's always amazing what some places just throw away. Glad you saved a piece of both railroad and tel history.
TWinbrook7

dsk

I guess I have made it kind of self-compensating by putting in a  220 ohm in series with 2* 3v zeners back to back. These did I put across the compensation resistor.

dsk

dsk

I found this picture of how these did look when they were in service:
Source: http://tinyurl.com/yaod3qyz
dsk

Number, please!

Great find!  I hope my wife will let me scour the railroad tracks when we visit Norway!
Stu

dsk

Welcome!

Had to make new plastic sign to place on top of the old ones, and more than 40 years of railroad dirt is not easy to remove, but now it is working and looking OK