News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

manual candlestick value

Started by NorthernElectric, March 05, 2015, 09:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

So far, I've mainly been into D1s and 300 series phones, but I've felt the urge to try out a stick and see how I like it.  I don't want to invest a lot at 1st, so thought maybe a no dial candlestick might be a place to start.  I've found one for sale which I think might be a Northern Electric 20-x but might also be a WE.  It looks in decent shape but likely repainted.  What do these go for?  Anything I should watch out for?  I haven't contacted the seller yet.

Cliff

poplar1

Around the top of the base, most of these will have the manufacturer (Northern or Western) and Patent Dates. If the transmitter is Northern, then it will either have no nameplate, or one with just a number, such as 323. The "perch" on this one is drawn rather than cast, which may indicate WE.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Stubbypylon

Cliff I saw this same stick and thought the price is reasonable.  Since its been up for a few days I'm sure you could negotiate too.  I already have one otherwise I would have bought it.
Craig Stanowski

NorthernElectric

Thanks guys.  I contacted the seller a week and a half ago for more details but never heard back.  I presume that means that it's already sold.
Cliff

Sargeguy

It looks like the transmitter is mounted incorrectly with the banana tag at 9 o'clock instead of 6.  Looks to be either a 323 or 337 transmitter.  It may have a refurb paint job from the 30s or 40s.  The number card holder is a bonus.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409