News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Samson Candlestick 20PC and others

Started by wds, April 12, 2015, 01:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Great book - thanks.  That helps explain the location of the button.  Here's a couple more pictures showing a couple of other different candlesticks.  I have never seen the phone on the first picture (top candlestick).

Dave

Sargeguy

I know it was common practice for WE to sell parts to other manufacturers such as Couch, and I am a little surprised to find "20-PC" stamped in the perch.  I can imagine that if WECO had a surplus they might have offered them for sale at a discount.  Samson also made the popular Samson and NOSMAS batteries.  I would keep the knurled nut where it is.  Who made the cords?  Runzel?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

wds

I pulled that base cover off, and there are no markings on the cords that I can see.  Definitely silk though.  The line cord has 6 pins on the end of it.
Dave

Jack Ryan

Thanks for the catalogue link - very interesting. I agree with the date estimate - about 1910.

On page 'F' is the Samson Junior - is *is* a compact wooden wall phone (or a flush mount).

There are some Samson telephones shown in the catalogue but most, including (all?) the candlestick telephones, are not. They can, however, be ordered with Samson long distance transmitters. Where these phones have a button, it is on the upper step.

This suggests to me that there were a lot of intercoms from various manufacturers with Samson transmitters on them. I do not know but perhaps the marked WE candlesticks were re-cycled.

Again, I know nothing about Samson intercoms and this is just my opinion.

Regards
Jack