News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phone from Poland !

Started by electric al, March 31, 2015, 01:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric al

I would like to know how to take this phone apart for cleaning .

It is a TelKom T 300

Does any one have any info ?
Never met a phone I didn't like !

HarrySmith

Do what I did when I got my first 500. Start removing screws!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Matilo Telephones

Well, perhaps someone should give the topic starter some help.

I do not know this particular model first hand, but I do have some of its Eastern European cousins.

Just undo the 4 screws at the bottom, and then take the top part off if you can. Typically all parts are fastened to the base plate, including the dial.

These phones usually do not have additional snap fit clips to hold the top half of the shell to the bottom, but be carefull anyway.

Same counts for the handset.

I do know that dial, as I have the same one on another phone. The dial center comes off by twisting it clock wise a little. It is exactly the same as the dial centre on German phones from the 60s and 70s, like the FeTAp 61X and 791.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

electric al

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on March 31, 2015, 06:42:39 PM
Well, perhaps someone should give the topic starter some help.

I do not know this particular model first hand, but I do have some of its Eastern European cousins.

Just undo the 4 screws at the bottom, and then take the top part off if you can. Typically all parts are fastened to the base plate, including the dial.

These phones usually do not have additional snap fit clips to hold the top half of the shell to the bottom, but be carefull anyway.

Same counts for the handset.

I do know that dial, as I have the same one on another phone. The dial center comes off by twisting it clock wise a little. It is exactly the same as the dial centre on German phones from the 60s and 70s, like the FeTAp 61X and 791.

Thanks !
I will try your suggestions !

Matilo Telephones

You're welcome.

I wouldn't mind pics of your progress. :-)
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

electric al

I can not seem to budge the center of the dial wheel , afraid to force it and possibly break something !
I have cleaned it as much as I can.
Why does it (ghost) ring  when dialing another phone on the same line ?

unbeldi

Quote from: electric al on April 02, 2015, 10:19:53 AM
Why does it (ghost) ring  when dialing another phone on the same line ?

You have to explain what you mean with this.

Do you mean that this phone's bell tinkles when another rotary phone connected on the same line is dialing out?
This can happen if the ringer has no bias spring, or the bias is set too small or is broken. When the ringing condenser charges up and discharges during the loop interruptions by the dial, a current flows through the ringer and may cause the clapper to move sufficiently to cause a sound.

LarryInMichigan

If the dial is like the Soviet ones, the center insert just sits snugly inside the finger wheel.  It might be possible to remove it by sticking a piece of sticky tape to the center and pulling on the tape.

Larry

dsk

If the dial has these 2 typical fields, you could try to push down at each point, and turn just a little counterclockwise.

dsk

electric al

I lifted the centre with tape then carefully moved two little dogs , and it popped off .

Then removed the centre screw and washer , and cleaned the fingerwheel .

When I opened it up , I found a small piece of paper neatly folded ... the wiring diagram!

Inside is nice and clean .

Date is 1979.

dsk

Nice, looks like a polish version of Ericson Diavox.
Could you please post the wiringdiagram too?

dsk

electric al

Wiring Diagram  T 300 .

LM Ericsson

This phone looks like an imported Polish telephone for use in America. As you can see, the dial is alphanumeric. The actual model used in Poland is the Tulipan built by RWT Elektrim which has a dial that is numeric only. Here is a picture of the Tulipan used in Poland.
Regards,
-Grayson

electric al

dsk

Great info, and good pictures, but it pops up a new question. What is the resistance of the ringer coil?

dsk