"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE Intercom Type as eBay Franken-Job?

Started by Slal, January 31, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slal

Hi everyone,

Was discussing with another member, that it's a shame if what might have been a collectable intercom type AE, has been turned into "Communication Related Assorted Parts."

eBay item number: 112775586509

Maybe I'm not being fair though.   While it appears to be missing some screws on the bottom, did they ever make one with type 38 HS?

This assumes big fat line cord would fill up single hole in the back, and a second one added for handset on some intercom systems.

rdelius

I might have built that while at COT.modern guts added along with chrome trim and  type 38 caps on handset handle

Slal

Well if it works, no law against it I guess, but what's the business model?  Just no 'market' for intercoms? 

Not trying to be controversial or anything, just curious.  If it had been an intercom model (with lower reserve) would've bid on it!

Maybe that's too much of a 'niche' market though.  Don't know.   

rdelius

It was rebuilt for retail antique shows  and not serious telephone collectors..telephones would not dial or ring on a standard line would not sell.Chrome trim made it more flashy .

Slal

Quote from: rdelius on January 31, 2018, 07:58:57 PM
It was rebuilt for retail antique shows  and not serious telephone collectors..telephones would not dial or ring on a standard line would not sell.Chrome trim made it more flashy .

Makes sense.  People want to use them of course.  Kind of a shame about manual ones, or intercoms.  Seems like they kind of get lost in the shuffle, but don't follow them that closely.

best

--Bruce