News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for BSPs on a WE 24B8 Busy lamp field

Started by Key2871, March 18, 2021, 03:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

I'm looking for wiring BSP on a 24B8 busy lamp adjunct.
I've looked at Paul's site for it but I couldn't find it.

I just got this on eBay and would like to put a new end on the cable, but I don't have the BSP on it

I have even looked online with Google, nothing comes up.
If anyone has a copy I can view it's be grateful.
KEN

Key2871

Ok, I've looked at TCI, nothing found, I've looked at Paul Vs site, nothing found.
But there must be information on BSPs for this some where!
KEN

Babybearjs

open it up and see if it has regular switchboard lamps, or the newer LEDs. this was out from the 1970's and 1980's. went to the "Merlin" series phones if I recall, but not sure... basically, this was used to indicate a busy message waiting station. it would have had some designation strips behind the plastic indicating the persons extension. the newer sets were electronic, as they were tied to a 1A2 phone system with all the fancy electronics of the day... I have 2 #6B1's which are the same idea, except they have switches to turn on and off the lamps...
John

Key2871

Paul, it sounds like the right thing, but it's just a page.
There's not enough information to answer questions.
KEN

paul-f

Quote from: Key2871 on March 18, 2021, 05:49:29 PM
Paul, it sounds like the right thing, but it's just a page.
There's not enough information to answer questions.

Scroll down. The pdf is ten pages long and includes connections.

I have a paper copy of issue 3, which covers the 24A- and 24B-types. If the version in the TCI Library won't help, I'll add it to my "scan soon" list.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Key2871

Ok, I hit down load file and whala.
Thanks Paul.
I didn't know they made much larger ones, some are huge!
KEN

Key2871

Even though the practices show for a A type, I imagine the B is just a newer version.
And these are for dimension systems not 1A2 as I had hoped. But not to worry I'll just work my magic and get it to work some how.

I had made a BLF indicator of my own years ago using 24 volt lamps and a key strip from a 830 type set.
And it worked very nice. I just had to add a diode in the tel set and wired it to the field.
I had seen the dial on the bottom of the unit and wondered if it was volume for a ringer sound.

So great, now I know what's it's for and how it's connected their way.
So when I get it I start re- engineering it to fit my purpose.
Thanks much Paul.
KEN

Key2871

John, it's all LEDs, I had one years ago, but it wasn't complete and I didn't understand the the electronics.
But now that Paul pointed me in the right direction, I found out this is a line busy Indicator for a Demension system.
It bridges each line tip and ring to illuminate each line in use, or flutters with a ringing line.

I had thought as I was told thirty years ago it was a busy lamp or station field for a 1A2 system.

But that's totally wrong.
What I plan on doing since I don't have a dimension system is to perhaps rework it to be a BLF for stations.

But what I may do is just remove the board and replace it with one I make and just use for LEDs and have for busy station field. And see if the board could be useful for other things, such as the same, but just with out the housing.
I have some multi conductor station cords to reuse, it's just an idea.

As for Merlin, ha no way, Merlin used RJ45 wires and connectors, I know because I had a few a 206, then a 408. And this would not even come close to Merlin.
Because basic sets were all boxy and black. Plus the system and phones could be configured to indicate stations busy. Much eaiser that 1A2 could.

But since dimention systems are old and I don't have one, I would just re work this to be my own use type of thing.
KEN

Key2871

I had always wondered why the connector was the same as a station set. Now I know, because it connects to a cable used to bring lines into it and show lines in use.
That's why I'm leaning perhaps to add my own board and put less on it to illuminate the stations in use.
And keep the board as is to connect to incoming lines.
Though I have none, it could be handy for those who do, and for parts as well.

I don't mind changing it to suit my use. But I don't want to throw out good circuits that someone else may be able to use. As this has a ringer built it as well, that will ring an incoming call.

I will add pictures when I get it. It will be here Monday.
So I can open it up and post the pictures.
KEN

Babybearjs

the dimension sets were the other series out during the late 80's and 90's... they were the same as the merlins weren't they? all 1A2 systems....
John

poplar1

Dimension and Merlin are not 1A2.

Dimension is a PBX (EPABX). Merlin is a key system, though the sets were called "voice terminals" by W.E.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Key2871

Merlin was the kind of replacement to a 1A2, that was my understanding from an ATT guy I talked with years ago. Because it could use far less wires than the 1A series and was electronic so could be customised by the user with the feature pack installed.

Dimension used the 25 pair as did the 1A series. But was more electronic and that's about the extent of my knowledge.

I had a dimension console years ago I got from eBay. Actually 2 sold one to Dennis Owens, if anyone remembers him.
KEN

poplar1

Dimension used single line sets (2500) and MET sets if you had the EKTS equipment. MET sets were also used with the Horizon hybrid key system. MET sets have 4-pair mounting cords, not 25-pair.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

oh, thats right. EPBX...... electronic PBX... yeah... those "Computerized" telephones....
John