News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1A2 over VOIP

Started by tallrick, July 10, 2020, 11:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tallrick

Years ago I developed a way to send 1a2 voice and data using cat 5 cable,  a serial interface with analog to digital converters that could select lines and allowed a remote KSU to have its lamps coorespond to a remote system. It eliminated the need to run a 25 pair cable 300 feet between the shop and my house. What I want to do is connect a friend's shop to my home PBX and allow his KSu to monitor and access some of my extensions.  Asterisk does use BLF lamps and you can link over IAX so one option would be to set up a hardware interface that would connect to the KSU's Just curious if anyone else has tried something like this?

Babybearjs

Interesting... I was on a CableOne VOIP for awhile and was forced to change back to centurylink because the cable modem could not be setup to support my 1A1 system. yet the VOIP modems that the Asterick system uses, can be setup to support the older systems. the main sticking point for me was the call abandonment and system reset. the Cable modem would let the line stay open and I had to manually reset the system everytime... so I switched back to the regular phone company which supports the old systems...
John

Quote from: tallrick on July 10, 2020, 11:54:46 AM
Years ago I developed a way to send 1a2 voice and data using cat 5 cable,  a serial interface with analog to digital converters that could select lines and allowed a remote KSU to have its lamps coorespond to a remote system. It eliminated the need to run a 25 pair cable 300 feet between the shop and my house. What I want to do is connect a friend's shop to my home PBX and allow his KSu to monitor and access some of my extensions.  Asterisk does use BLF lamps and you can link over IAX so one option would be to set up a hardware interface that would connect to the KSU's Just curious if anyone else has tried something like this?
Dude! Can you document the hardware side of your 1A2 serial system?
That would be pretty cool implement in Asterisk.