News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I cant bid on this beauty :-(

Started by dsk, October 26, 2011, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

You have so many nice designs never used here, this one looks so nice. I really hope one of you gets it.
At this moment $128.50 This may be a little to high for me too, but I don't understand why European buyers are not welcome.  >:(

Could one of you please enlighten me about how common this may be. Is it in original shape?

Transparent dials was introduced here in 1967.

Regards
dsk

http://alturl.com/ss8os

AE_Collector

I'm no expert but Ivory was apparently the only color offered other than black for 354 wall sets. They show up on ebaY every so often and to me it seems like the current price is just about the max for one of these but I haven't followed them lately.

I do know about being blocked from bidding when from a different country though. You could allways try contacting the seller to see if they will make an exception for you. Maybe the price has gone higher than what they were expecting so they might be willing to put in the extra effort required to send it overseas.

Terry

<edit> took a look at the auction and it had 6 seconds to go so not a lot of time for you to contact the seller!! Also I see it didn't meet reserve so the seller was hoping for more. The high bid wound up being $169.02 but reserve not met.

jsowers

I think the ivory 354s were offered from about 1951-1955, give or take a year. Like their counterparts, the color 302s, they had clear plastic fingerwheels. It's too bad they didn't come in the other colors. Maybe a project for Ray?

What is that switch thing mounted to the housing under the dial, inside? I've never seen that before and there isn't anything that looks like it activates the switch. It's been a while since I've looked inside a 354, so excuse my ignorance if that's a normal thing, but I can't imagine what it's for.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

Jonathan, are you speaking of the screw at the bottom of the housing, below the dial?  There's a screw at top and bottom that holds the housing to the chassis.

Wallphone

I think he is talking about the hookswitch contacts that are actually mounted above the dial.
Doug Pav

Dennis Markham

OK, I see those now.  I've not seen anything like that before.

Dave F

Quote from: jsowers on October 26, 2011, 04:48:56 PM
I think the ivory 354s were offered from about 1951-1955, give or take a year. Like their counterparts, the color 302s, they had clear plastic fingerwheels. It's too bad they didn't come in the other colors. Maybe a project for Ray?

There is a green 354 in the JKL museum.  I don't know if Ray or somebody else made the housing, but it looks very nice.

bingster

Of course, I had to go out to the kitchen and open up mine.  It has the same switch.  Aren't they all the same?

= DARRIN =

liteamorn

It was already to rich for my wallet when this was first posted. They never met their reserve even @ $169

jsowers

Bingster, your picture is much, much better and yes, it's the hookswitch. Thanks for posting that. It has been a long time since I've seen the insides of a 354.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

I guess I thought I was seeing something in addition to the switch hook in the auction photo.  The power of suggestion.....