News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay Find: Code-Correct Garnet Red AE80 from 1972

Started by KaiserFrazer67, March 02, 2019, 12:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

WE made round button Dark blue around 1975-76 (also dial). They also made a rose color. These colors were limited to around 3 years. They made the blue again around 1983, and after the break-up.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

I saw a dk blue AE Type 90 ,most likely not a type 90m at R&S telephone at Charlotte NC when they had shut down.I was looking over the inventory for a bid for COT.They would not sell it . Phoneco bid alot more and won the bid.I had a DK grey dial from a type 80 but do not know where it is.I assume that the early colored type 80 sets were never made in brown like 500 and 1543 sets

compubit

Quote from: rdelius on March 03, 2019, 03:03:57 PM
I assume that the early colored type 80 sets were never made in brown like 500 and 1543 sets

All of the brown AE-80 phones I have seen were painted with a sticker on the dial plate. 80e phones were available in brown (my brother had one in 1980; I had the black 80e; white Touch calling Styleline wall in the kitchen; don't remember what my parents had in the bedroom - probably a Styleline too).
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!