Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

too bad it doesnt have the straight brown handset cord

http://tinyurl.com/35pzuzn
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

bingster

Odd double restraint on the handset cord, too.  Anybody ever see that before?
= DARRIN =

HarrySmith

That phone was at the Shipshewanna show. It is from ATCA member Rick Franke. I handled it at the show as I do not have one in my 500 collection. It is a very nice phone in great condition. It was not opened up so I did not see the second restraint, that is strange, I will ask him about it. It was priced out of my range so I passed. He also had a Dark Blue 500 with a grey cord that was reasonably priced as it has a repair to the mouse hole done by Ray Kotke which I was about to add to my collection but by the time I got back to his table it was sold.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

Just heard from Rick. He says the cord is a generic replacement as it had a black cord on it when he got it. It came with two different restraints to fit any phone :)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

bingster

Thanks for the detective work, Harry.  That makes perfect sense.
= DARRIN =

Kenny C

it also says in the description "the only thing not original is the handset cord" he must have added that.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Kenny that disclaimer on the reproduction cord was there when you posted the link.

savageje

Harry:

I bought the med blue 500 with the mouse hole repair at Shipshewana. Sorry, couldn't pass it up at that price even with the repair.  That brown 500 was really nice looking.  I looked at it for a long time, but it was a little too rich for my blood.

JS

bellsystemproperty

I saw that one on eBay. My friend Daniel (DANIELPHONEFREAK) on the forum had a WE mahogany brown 500 that he took apart when he was four of five, which he is now cursing himself for. I've never had that misfortune, although I do regret getting rid of an old Mac SE/30. Oh well, we live and learn.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

HarrySmith

WOW, somebody else was there! Did you come by my tables? My fault for not picking that Blue one up as soon as I saw it! I looked at that Brown one a long time also, escpecially after the Blue one was gone. If I had sold more at the show it would be mine!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

savageje

Sorry I didn't stop and say hi, but I'm sure I hit your tables.  I went through the show twice quickly, but didn't miss much.  Unfortunately, my schedule was very tight, so I didn't have a chance to meet a lot of folks.  I just had a couple of hours on Saturday morning.  It was a nice show, though.  Being relatively new to this, I just enjoyed the opportunity to see and handle a lot of things that I have only seen photos of before.  Everyone was very friendly -- and I had a great time while I was there.  If it makes you feel any better, someone bought a sign that I was thinking about before I had a chance to get back to it. 

Jester

I don't know what his asking price was at the show, Harry, but I think I would have grabbed it if it was the same as his $250.00 auction reserve.  It just closed at $779.99!!
Stephen

Dennis Markham

That is absolutely incredible that it sold for that amount!  Ebay is so unpredictable.  I wonder if that is the same buyer that paid $600+ for the green mushroom?   

HarrySmith

WOW!!
I am sure he is happy, the price he had on it at the show was $400.00!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I was wrong, he had it priced at $275.00!!!! ??? :o
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,