News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The many looks of my nightstand.

Started by Jester, June 28, 2009, 03:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Pictured below are the different phones that have occupied the same general spot on my nightstand over the last 10 years.  Notice the lamp stays the same, but the phones get progressively older. ???
Stephen

Dennis Markham

I like the Imperial and ringer box the best.  It's a great looking phone.

Jester

The handset is one I had to repair the cord restraint on, and the subset cover is a recent purchase from Telephone Creations.  Ray doesn't miss a detail on his castings, but he did mention to me that the 684 covers are hard to cast because they have to be thin.  The edges on this one were warped when it got here, but some thumb pressure & the trusty hair dryer took care of that.
Stephen

JorgeAmely

Sir Jester:

You are a jack of all trades.
Jorge

Jester

Thank you, Jorge.  It helps keep me young!
Stephen

McHeath

Nice phones, I'm fond of 10 buttons and that is a very good example of a Princess in a unique finish. 

foots

I like all 3 phones. I never even noticed that the middle one was a 10 button. That black one at the top suddenly seems familiar to me.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Jester

When I moved in, I was trying to recreate the look & feel in the opening scene of "The Rockford Files".  That black princess sat on top of an old walnut cased Ford Code-a-Phone answering machine for 5 years until it finally wouldn't rewind & let me hear messages.  I suspect it's a dirty or burnt relay, but I haven't played with it enough to figure out how to get into the sealed cover without ruining it.  I'm sure I will one day.  There's not much that goes wrong with this electromechanical stuff that can't be cleaned or fixed.
Stephen

Phonesrfun

I bought an imperial at the Seattle show.

-Bill
-Bill G