News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction (181 Cancelled: Seller Changed to BIN Listing) Ivory AE40

Started by TelePlay, July 19, 2015, 08:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I think he might be selling himself short. Probably could have gotten more than $440.00 for it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

Since there is no reserve, if one person bids $329.99 or more, but less than $440, then the BIN will disappear, and it will again be a regular auction...and it could then go for more than $440.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: poplar1 on July 20, 2015, 07:43:10 PM
Since there is no reserve, if one person bids $329.99 or more, but less than $440, then the BIN will disappear, and it will again be a regular auction...and it could then go for more than $440.

Didn't remember that. Thanks for the refresher. I will watch it and if that happens, I will take it back to a live auction contest.

TelePlay

If anyone else wants to take a guess on this phone, please do so. I have a feeling that the first bid, if less than the BIN, will come with less than 24 hours to go and if not a BIN bid, it does have the chance to go higher than the BIN $440.

If the BIN goes away, I will reactivate the contest and with the guesses already entered, and any further guesses that come in after this post will be used to see who will win.

Everyone gets to change their guess once, so keep that in mind. AE_Collector changed his guess from $279 to $329  by way of a PM conversation I had with him. To change your guess, do it by way of a new reply to the topic. If you just change you guess post, I most likely will not see the change. 3% gap still applies and the order in which changes come in, if any, will be noted so first changes get precedent over a number.

If the phones sells for the BIN, the contest will stay cancelled.

If the other scenario comes to be, we will have a contest and a winner.

If no one buys the phone, the contest will stay cancelled.

TelePlay

This might be an interesting listing to watch tomorrow afternoon as it ends. There are currently 17 people watching this listing but no bids. The question is will someone put in a normal bid before a BIN bid takes it home or will it even sell? And if a normal bid is placed, making the BIN disappear, how close to or how much over the BIN will the phone sell for at the end. I can picture several ending scenarios but it all depends on who is watching, who wants the phone, how many want the phone and how much or how high are any of those who may want this phone willing to go? May be an interesting ending if it sells.

If the phone sells and not for the BIN price, I will re-instate the auction contest so if anyone wants to put in a guess or revise their guess, please do so by 6 AM PDT Saturday, 12 hours before the auction ends. With no bids now, any and all guesses or revised guesses before 6 AM will be okay.

Fabius

Quote from: TelePlay on July 24, 2015, 05:27:56 PM

If the phone sells and not for the BIN price, I will re-instate the auction contest so if anyone wants to put in a guess or revise their guess, please do so by 6 AM PDT Saturday, 12 hours before the auction ends. With no bids now, any and all guesses or revised guesses before 6 AM will be okay.

Revise my bid please to $368
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

TelePlay

$404.00

Note: If the auction ends with a BIN bid, a one bid buy, the contest will remain cancelled. The only way this contest will be reactivated is if a bid lower than $440 is offered and the BIN option goes away. One bid at the BIN $440 will leave the contest cancelled with no winner.