"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 as a subset - plastic cover?

Started by Fennec, August 15, 2018, 10:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fennec

Hello:

Would someone know of a source for plastic covers to convert a 302 base into a subset, for use with 202's and 102's ?

I do remember seeing some info on it, but can't seem to find an actual source (OPW is expensive, and is also out of stock)...

Thank you,
Dmitri

HarrySmith

Our own member Kleenax (Ray) makes them. I do not know if he has any at the moment. You can find him on here and message him or email him: kleenax@gmail.com
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Fennec

Just e-mailed Ray, thank you for the pointers.

oldguy

Dmitri, please post the price when you find out.
Gary

oldguy

Thanks Doug. I bought 7 covers & 7 302 bases from Greg during his purge. Just wanted to see how good a deal I got.
Gary

Fennec

A quick update - Ray does not have any covers at the moment, possibly will make a new batch around mid-September.

HarrySmith

Also if you have or can find an empty subset you could transfer the 302 guts into it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: oldguy on August 15, 2018, 07:05:33 PM
Thanks Doug. I bought 7 covers & 7 302 bases from Greg during his purge. Just wanted to see how good a deal I got.
YW...I just saw one eBay and sent the link. Someone got it! ...Doug
Kidphone

Fennec

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 17, 2018, 12:09:22 PM
YW...I just saw one eBay and sent the link. Someone got it! ...Doug

Yes, I saw it - someone indeed snagged it. In theory there should be some empty subset boxes around, but I have not seen any yet...

Pourme

A while back I went through this same dilemma. One day I found myself in Hobby Lobby looking at their pre-made wooden boxes.

I knew the dimensions of the 302 base. I bought several boxes & began to experiment. This is one of my boxes. I did one in black with a different box design, they have several. I think all or most are under $10.00. With a little staining, painting $ imagination, you can create a usable alternative.

There's a thread covering this I will find and post.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service