News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need to get Northern Electric Galion phone to ring

Started by DARK FATHER, November 05, 2010, 09:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DARK FATHER

Got it!  Thanks!  I just ordered it and it should arrive around the time with the new ringer I ordered. 

DARK FATHER

OK I installed the adapter and ringer that I ordered fom ebay.  The ringer sometimes rings faily strong and sometimes it barely rings at all.  The clapper will move when coaxed by my finger when it does not ring.  The seller mentioned something about there being two types of WE 302 ringer as a potential problem, but I doubt it.  Is my ringer worn out?  I need to know because I intend to exchange this for a working one.

Doug Rose

DF.. Is the clapper moving? On the WE ringer there is a tension bar, move it all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom. If this doesn't work, move the bells closer together if the clapper moves, nut there is no ring....Doug
Kidphone

DARK FATHER

I moved the tension bar all the way to the top (from the original middle position) and the phone would not ring at all.  I moved it all the way to the bottom and it rings everytime (so far).  I will keep testing it all day.

JorgeAmely

Can you take a picture of the ringer in your Galion phone? In that way, it will be easy to determine the type of ringer you have; either frequency or straight line.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Quote from: DARK FATHER on November 28, 2010, 11:52:37 AM
I moved the tension bar all the way to the top (from the original middle position) and the phone would not ring at all.  I moved it all the way to the bottom and it rings everytime (so far).  I will keep testing it all day.
You should be all set now....Doug
Kidphone

DARK FATHER

Jorge I have no picture to show, but here is the item number I bought it off Ebay under so you can see the actual item: 200534276864
I never post other people's pics without their permission and I have not contacted the seller to ask to use his.  I believe that the problem is indeed fixed!  It acted as if it was having trouble ringing about 50% of the time before I adjusted it.  That bell sounds GREAT!

LarryInMichigan

That looks like a SL ringer to me.  Next time though, check with Steve Hilsz first.  I think that he charges much less for these.

Larry

JorgeAmely

I agree with Larry: looks SL from the West coast.
Jorge

Doug Rose

DF...did the tension bar do the trick like I showed you?....Doug
Kidphone

DARK FATHER

It sure did! (See above posts).  Thanks again.  I almost sent that ringer back to the seller.

Doug Rose

Quote from: DARK FATHER on December 01, 2010, 07:12:14 PM
It sure did! (See above posts).  Thanks again.  I almost sent that ringer back to the seller.
[/quote   Outstanding! ....Doug
Kidphone