News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just won this phone off ebay

Started by Tonyrotary, May 08, 2009, 03:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobieSport

Tony in my humble experience and as you probably know the WE 354s are easy to find at good prices, often less than a 302.

The AE 50s, on the other hand, seem (to me) to be an exception to the general observation that "wall phones go for less than their desk phone equivalents".

Where a decent basic AE 40 can be had for say $15-30, the AE 50s seem to often go into the $80 range, unless they are cracked/chipped. I finally got a decent AE 50 just a couple of weeks ago after much patience for $40., with nice chrome dial but no chrome bands on the handset, with a tiny one quarter inch crack.

I'm guessing it was a bit of a lucky price because although the seller quite honestly described that it was cracked, the crack is so small and tight that it wouldn't show in the photos.

Yesterday an AE 50 with the chrome bands but with a black dial went for $80, and it had a noticeable crack/chip, with a bit of missing material, but that could be fixed with the acrylic patching methods.

Gee I hope I'm not sounding like "Mr Helpful" or "Mr Show Off" here.  I just enjoy relating my newbie experiences and observations.

Tonyrotary

Yeah I have noticed that Hobie. Maybe because there are fewer AE50's to go around? Or maybe everyone likes the styling? I saw that 50 on Ebay and I am hoping one day I will get one at a decent price. As far as sounding like MR Helpful or Show Off, nah, it is good that you like sharing what you know with others and I hope to be able to do the same. :)