News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction (125 Cancelled: Listing Terminated) - Western Electric Ivory 354

Started by TelePlay, August 03, 2014, 04:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

Here's the 5% no crowding gap spreadsheet for this contest, after 14 guesses.

TelePlay

In the immortal words of Queen, "another one bites the dust . . ."

As of about 10 pm PDT, the auction ended because "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." on August 7th at about 6:52 pm PDT. Nice, huh?

As such, this contest is hereby cancelled with no winner.

Thanks to everyone for playing. Some day there will be an Auction Contest 125 that goes to completion.

Having two contests cancelled recently for the same reason, is eBay becoming a marketing medium for side sales?

TelePlay

I sent a message to the seller using the "ask a question" in the ended ivory 354 listing. I would assume the message would be tied to the listing so when the seller gets it, he knows which item the question refers to. I got this answer, posted here for posterity.

"I dont know what phone you are talking about,there is no link here.....I sold a black desk top for 100.00 & a 354 wall phone for 200.00 if that is any you were talking about"

So, if it sold for $200, that was a good price compared to what happened in Auction Contest 121 that say that ivory 354 sell for $102.50. That 354 seemed to be in not quite as good of condition as this one, based on posted photos.

tallguy58 nailed the price at $200 with the 5th guess of the contest and would have won had the sale closed at that price as an auction. With the seller terminating the listing, due to a side sale, there can be no winner in this contest - sorry, tallguy58.

Doug Rose

John....when you send a question to a seller on eBay when the auction has ended the seller does not know what auction you are talking about. I get it all the time and have to ask "what was the auction number"  or "describe what it was".....Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 08, 2014, 05:20:36 PM
. . . when you send a question to a seller on eBay when the auction has ended the seller does not know what auction you are talking about. I get it all the time and have to ask "what was the auction number"  or "describe what it was" . . .

Thanks, Doug, didn't know that. Makes sense.

Got back to the seller to confirm it was an ivory 354 he sold. It was and he provided this interesting aspect of being a seller:

. . . I hate ending a auction early,but I had a decent offer & I was tired of coming home from work & having 5 or 6 messages about that phone,asking if it was painted & wanting me to unscrew it & open it up & take pics of inside,it was too nice of a phone to do that,I never knew a phone could be so popular . . .

Now he does, I guess. Only question left, one that will never be answered, is would it have sold for more or less had he let that auction go to its normal end.  With that level of interest, some additional pictures and at least two very interested snipers, it could have been driven up over $200. But, we will never know, now.

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill