News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Best day at the flea market!!!!

Started by Gilas, August 30, 2013, 11:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsowers

Dark beige (Rose Beige) changed to color matching cords in 1956. It has the correct cords and they're very nice. You certainly got two great bargains.

What's that odd note taped to the base, under the dial?
Jonathan

AE40FAN

Quote from: Gilas on September 02, 2013, 09:30:21 PM
Ok got the Rose Beige 591 done and it turned out good too.  Like the Oxford Gray there is a slightly darker line at the front but hard to see unless you look and I am picky when I look at them.

Hey Mike,

The black lines are not uncommon on the older soft plastic phones.  I don't know where they come from but, I have a few with these (maybe not as apparent) and they all seem to be located somewhere on the bottom front.  I'd be happy to have these even with the black lines!  Any color fade on the Rose Beige I can't tell?

-Frank

Gilas

Frank there is very little fading at all and definitely no yellowing like the other one I had. The note under the dial was there when I opened it. It tells how to wire the bell up including some hand drawn pics. Also has a couple dates on it when it was taken out of service etc.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: jsowers on September 03, 2013, 09:49:38 AM
Dark beige (Rose Beige) changed to color matching cords in 1956. It has the correct cords and they're very nice. You certainly got two great bargains.

What's that odd note taped to the base, under the dial?

Ahh, I see, thanks!
Ben

baldopeacock

That Oxford Gray brought very good money on eBay today.   The snipers went after it hard in the last ten seconds!

AE_Collector

Your pictures aren't very good. I can't tell if your deck is made of 2x4's or of the 5/4 (really one inch) x 4 deck boards. Nor can I tell if it is on 16" or 24" spaced joists. :)

I am redoing a deck with 24" spacing and cedar 2x4's for deck boards. I am trying to determine if the newer 5/4 deck boards will be strong enough to use on 24" spacing.

Nice phone by the way!

Terry

RotarDad

Nice sale prices on both of those!  For a little while there was a nice one of each of the "big 4" colors on Ebay at the same time.  The M-blue went for $500, between these two.  The brown was a 564 I think, not sure of status.

I'm thinking those lines in the soft plastic are where the molten plastic met in the mold, maybe a bit less liquid than it should have been so it did not completely mix upon contact - that is a thin area in the mold.
Paul

Gilas

Well I thought that the Gray sold well however got contacted by the buyer who stated that they had entered a bid of $1111.11 in instead of $111.11 so he wanted to retract the bid.  I would hate being in the same situation so I am going to be re-listing it I guess.  Gonna just throw in a BIN this time though.

poplar1

Did you offer it to the backup bidder?

I'm not sure how this works: would the 2nd chance offer  be $688.89 (h***m's actual bid) or $461 (what he would have won it for if s***s had not bid)?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE40FAN

Quote from: Gilas on September 08, 2013, 02:07:52 PM
Well I thought that the Gray sold well however got contacted by the buyer who stated that they had entered a bid of $1111.11 in instead of $111.11 so he wanted to retract the bid.  I would hate being in the same situation so I am going to be re-listing it I guess.  Gonna just throw in a BIN this time though.

Mike,

I am surprised you don't want to keep this?  Are you planning on selling the rose beige as well?

-Frank

Gilas

The second chance was the 688.89 and he did not want it for that

baldopeacock

Quote from: AE40FAN on September 08, 2013, 02:41:31 PM
Quote from: Gilas on September 08, 2013, 02:07:52 PM

Mike,

I am surprised you don't want to keep this?  Are you planning on selling the rose beige as well?

-Frank

I was surprised to see it turn up on eBay too.   They are hard to find.   I've been considering selling mine, which is a straight gray handset cord '55, but I keep getting cold feet about letting go of it.

Dennis Markham

Any chance you can provide a link to your auction?  I'd enjoy taking a look at it (them).  Thanks.

~Dennis

david@london

Dennis Markham