News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Did A.E. ever have a 2 line wall phone?

Started by Babybearjs, November 27, 2014, 01:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

was browsing through the TCI library and it struck me, I've never seen a A.E. 90 in a 2 line version. did they ever even make one??
John

AE_Collector

Not that I have ever seen but it would have been logical to have an AE 95 like the AE85 two line desk phone. Theyndd make an AE95 but it was the panel phone so that probably more or less confirms that there wasnt a two line 90. They may have figured it was easy enough to mount a switch by the wall phone where that option wasn't as easy with a desk phone.

Terry

rdelius

AE_Collector

Yes, both the three line 187 and the 186, a 5 line 10A2 set were available in wall sets as well as desk sets. We just referred to them as 186 wall sets and 187 wall sets but the coding in them really made them 196 and 197 sets.

Terry

Babybearjs

terry, those were basically for business... did they ever make a home version.... W.E. had a lot of 2 line wall phones, but all I can find was the #85 desk set.... while W.E. had the 558 series phones....
John

AE_Collector

Nope, at least not that I ever saw. See my reply #1 a few days ago re the AE95 being a panel phone rather than a wall version of the AE85 2 line desk phone.

Terry

Babybearjs

Interesting... its no wonder W.E. was such a great brand! A.E. just couldn't keep up!
John