and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Telephone Book

Started by Jim Stettler, June 20, 2010, 01:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Stettler

There is a new telephone book on the market:
Below is the text of the offering.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Telephone

Possibly the greatest invention made by mankind. We can't live without it!

We now have available an outstanding resource book covering the history of communications, as it relates to the telephone! This is a "must have" book for any telephone collector; or any individual interested in communications. This book gives the history and the development of the telephone up to today's cell phones. It has been said that mankind would not exist if he could not communicate.

This book, in full color with outstanding photography and graphics, is 237 pages. It provides easy and fun reading as you explore "A History of Communication, made possible by the Telephone" by Mia Maluchi and Donald Walton. Also shown are telephone prices which reflect the selling price for each phone as found on E-bay, Craig's List, at various antique shows, etc.

The order form is linked as an attachment to this email. You can order this book for $20.00 per book, plus $5.95 shipping and handling until August 1, 2010; as opposed to the original price which is $30.00 per book, plus $5.95 shipping and handling! The shipping and handling cost is for each order, not per book. Therefore, you will save on shipping if you order more than one copy. You may want to order additional copies to sell to the general public; or give to friends.

You will want to order today to take advantage of this one time, introductory offer! This offer is only for T.C.I. or A.T.C.A. members.

DONALD WALTON
7390 S.W.101
BEAVERTON OREGON
P 503 646 2079
C 503 329 9322

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked with Don and he will honor this price to forum members as well.
He also mentioned that Mia Maluchi is working on her Masters Degree in Fine arts and her share of profits goes towards her school bills.

This suggests to me that the photos are probably very well done,
At $25.95 for 237 pages, I think this book is probably worth while to add to your phone library.

Don is only accepting checks and Money orders for the book.

Don is a member of the telephone clubs and has had some very nice displays at some of the telephone shows.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest listing your affiliation with the forum when ordering Don's book.
Don also said that for every 10 copies sold on the forum he would send me a free copy.
If I get any free copies I will do something forum related with them:

sell them and donate the $ to offset forum cost

give them away as prizes in the auction guessing game

or  maybe send them to our youngest members, starting with the youngest.
or ?

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

BTW open the order form attatchment, it has some photos that I assume are from the book.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Kenny C

I am definatly getting one of these
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dan

Paypal is so easy, I wonder why he does not use it? Anyway I will get one.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jim Stettler

He said he is not very computer literate. He wrote me a long email (in CAPS).
Jim
I printed out the order form. I just havn't gotten around to digging out the checkbook and writting the check.
You live, You learn,

Dennis Markham

PayPal also skims 3% off the top of each transaction too....but I suppose he could add that into the price of the book.

Jim Stettler

I sent him a paypal payment and a follow up e-mail pointing out the advantages of paypal, and I also offered to answer his PP questions.

With luck I can turn him to a paypal convert.

THe reason I started using PP was someone sent me a PP payment on an auction , I had stated in the auction that I didn't PP. After I tried PP I was a convert. Once the PP Debit card debut I was a "vocal" convert.

I will post if he goes the PP route.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Dan

Great, let us all know Jim, thanks.

I only buy things on Craigslist via Paypal (that is, if I can't pick it up in person).
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jim Stettler

I have been with paypal so long that I got $10 for joining (just missed the $20.00 ) and I get 1.5% back on puchases.  This was when PAYPAL was making money on the float. They went to fee and cards due to federal pressure on regulations. By going with a card company they fell under established rules.
Their original structure was wide open to "banking" interpertations.

I really like having the PP Debit card. It makes online sales turn into tangible cash.
The only reason I joined was because someone sent me PP funds.

JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,