Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - December 2014.    *Vote for Two*

WesternElectricBen's 1955 WE Mahogany Brown 500 from eBay for $91.00
8 (32%)
andre_janew's avocado 1972 Rotary Trimline for 99 cents and $10 shipping
3 (12%)
Fabius' bronze VAIL MEDAL found on eBay for $35
5 (20%)
Sargeguy's Universal Service/Use the Bell sign purchased on an eBay Best Offer for $201
4 (16%)
Alexander's Leich 115C Convertible for $35 including shipping on eBay
3 (12%)
LarryInMichigan's Oxford Gray soft plastic Kellogg DK-530 "Banjo" for $22.50 + $14.50 for shipping
11 (44%)
Mr. Bones Western Electric 20-SC Stick for $90 + $13 shipping from Sargeguy
4 (16%)
Kenton K's WECo 20-B with an OST receiver and *229* transmitter for $115 from Morphy's Auction
7 (28%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 30, 2014, 07:51:24 PM
I can't decide!

Okay, I'll decide for you! Almost that time now, where did the month go?

Terry

LarryInMichigan

I nominate my Oxford Gray soft plastic Kellogg DK-530 "Banjo" phone (forum link) which cost me $22.50 plus $14.50 for shipping from etsy.  The phone is not quite complete, but it's hard to argue with a soft plastic Oxford Gray phone, much less a Kellogg "Banjo", for $37.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

Since my gray Kellogg has been nominated, the red Australian 802 humbly withdraws its nomination.

Larry

Mr. Bones

Since it was probably my best find for the year, I will nominate my nice, complete WE 20-SC. My poor, ol' 151AL finally has a 'playfriend'. :D (Now that I have 2 candlesticks, they will likely multiply like tribbles lol!) ;D

I purchased it this month for $90.00 + $13.00 shipping, from our very own Sargeguy. Thanks, again!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Kenton K

I'll throw one in for fun too!

I won this from the Morphy's auction at the beginning of the month. Its a black painted 20-B with an OST receiver and *229* transmitter. It has a drop hookswitch and a solid perch. The paint looks original, but i'm not 100% sure.
I won it for $75+$40 of fees. They get you with the fees!

I love it!

Mr. Bones

SUH-WEET lookin' 20-B, Kenton!

Mondo Cool, 8) 8) 8) and great price, even with the fees! I think ya' done right good! ;)

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

Okay, it is 2015 and that means it is time to vote for the December 2014 Find of the Month. There are 8 contestants this month so lets do two votes each and everyone try to be certain to use both of your votes.

If you inadvertently only vote for one item, click the "remove vote" button to the left below the poll results and then vote again for two items this time.

Once you have placed your votes then go to the link below to check the three monthly winners from 2010 (Find of the Month was started by Dennis in October 2010) and place your vote for the one who you think should be the winner for 2010. Here is the link to this second poll:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=11174.0

Please be sure to vote in both polls, they are both running at the same time.

Happy New Year everyone!

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, that's it for December and that's it for 2014.  The final competition of the year.

WesternElectricBen's Mahogany Brown WECo 500 from 1955 gave LarryInMichigan's oxford Gray Soft Plastic Kellogg DK530 quite a bit of competition but.....in the end Larry has taken the award for "Find of the Month - December 2014".

Larry is a bit if a regular around the Find of the Month, but correct me if I am wrong, I see Larry's name THREE times in the 2014 Find of the Month winners list. WoW! Congratulations Larry and to Ben as well for his excellent find. It isn't often that a WECo 500 doesn't put the rest of the competition out of the running. Thanks to everyone for their entries in the competition and thanks to all who voted.

Here is the "Find of the Month - Winners List" for all contests to date:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Congratulations, Larry! Three wins this year is amazing.

Ben

andre_janew

How did he do that?  Larry, what is your secret?  How did you manage to beat a $0.99 phone?

unbeldi

Quote from: andre_janew on January 10, 2015, 01:15:58 PM
How did he do that?  Larry, what is your secret?  How did you manage to beat a $0.99 phone?

It is not HE who did it, it was all of YOU who voted!  ;D ::)

LarryInMichigan

Thank you everyone, especially the ten of you who voted for my phone :)  Spending much of the day at a computer trying to do mind-bending software work gives me far too many chances to take quick breaks and check out what's for sale, so I have caught more than a few things that way.  Now for January...

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: andre_janew on January 10, 2015, 01:15:58 PM
Andre....it wasn't the price of the phone, it was a more desirable phone for a decent price....Doug
Kidphone