Find of the Month - January 2015

Started by AE_Collector, January 01, 2015, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - January 2015    *Vote for Two*

andre_janew's red WE2500 for $10 plus $12.85 shipping on eBay
2 (7.7%)
Alexander's black AE Monophone desk set for $12.50 plus $9 shipping on eBay
2 (7.7%)
SargeGuy's Southern Massachusetts Telephone Company Badges for $128 each on eBay
3 (11.5%)
LarryInMichigan's Australian 802 for $37.89 total on eBay
4 (15.4%)
WEBellSystemChristian's all-1956 (except for the cords) red WE 500 for $21.05 plus $16.50 shipping on eBay
5 (19.2%)
HarrySmith's painted Green AE 35 for $5 from Roger Conklin's collection at Maitland
12 (46.2%)
Mr. Bones' project Ivory 302 purchased from Kenton K for $50.00 plus $12 shipping
4 (15.4%)
Compubit's pink "1 and a half" Trimline for $45.61 total on eBay
2 (7.7%)
Autonut's 1950's type 9A telephone booth for $350.00 CDN ($275 US) plus $30 CDN ($24 US) in gas to pick it up from the seller
8 (30.8%)
Fabius' "United" telephone sign in excellent condition for $200 plus $15 for shipping
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

HarrySmith

When I made my offers I thought it was a badly painted 50. I offered $10.00 for the unpainted 50 next to it! Roger's son was quick to accept all my offers. Keith told me when I picked them up at the show that I got a great deal and he wished he had looked closer. I guess he spotted it too. He also said he was happy it was me getting the deal. I still ended up giving Roger's family over $100.00.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Mr. Bones

I humbly submit my project Ivory 302, arrived today from Kenton Klickety-Klack. $50.00, plus $12 shipping. First coloured 300 for me! 8)

To avoid redundancy, the other pics are in the classified>>For Sale section.

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

I am going to nominate one heck of a "Find" in every sense of the word that Dave "wds" stumbled upon this month. Dave hasn't divulged all of the usual info that we would like about "Finds of the Month" but it is such an incredible find that I think that it needs to be here for January's "Find of the Month". I am assuming that he got it for apretty good price as it doesn't sound as though Dave was out shoping for a red AE 1A when he crossed paths with it.

Just like Sebels recent Ivory AE 1A it has cradle issues but of all the plastic parts that could be broken on a Coloured AE 1A, the cradle is probably the best part to have been broken as metal reproductions are available.

Congratulations Dave!

Here is the topic where Dave introduced us to his latest acquisition, a Chinese Red AE 1A with Gold Matte trim:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13515.0

AE_Collector

Uh oh, looks like I posted this nomination a bit too soon. Per the rules a nomination can't be for sale or sold during the contest month. Still a Fantastic find or Dave, just not eligible for the contest. :)

Terry

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.

compubit

I'll throw my hat into the ring. I know it's not as exciting as some of the other phones, but my "1 and a half" pink Trimline I received in the mail today has made my week.  It included both a pink wall and desktop base, and is not yellowed as much as the picture from the auction suggested.  $pent 45.61 on it, but fills a color hole in my collection! (I know I can go Pink Princess, but this shows off the pink - especially right next to my Aqua Blue 10 button Trimline - as well as the yellow, green and ivory wall Trimlines I have so far...)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Bell-Sysrtem-Western-Electric-Pink-Rotary-Dial-Trimline-Telephones-/331455770281

The phone works - dials out and rings, but needs a spring for the wall unit's plunger.

And it's Pink!

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Mr. Bones

Nice find, Jim!

Your pink Trimline is just as valid as any other entry possible! 8)

Receiving it has made you very happy, filled a hole in your collection, and you are quite excited about it.

Certainly seems to represent the spirit of FOTM material, and the reason to post them, to me. ;)

Congratulations, and enjoy your 'new' telephone! Good luck in the contest! Keep up the good work!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

andre_janew

Valid entry indeed.  However, will the critics vote for it?  That's the question!

OK, this is a first for me. My find is a 1950's type 9A telephone booth. I picked this up for $350.00 CDN. Asking price was $450.00 CDN. A friend of mine knew that I was collecting phones and he played hockey with the guy that had this booth for sale. The only other cost I spend was about $30.00 in gas driving from Belleville, Ontario to Peterborough Ontario and back. I believe that there would be less of this type of Telephone Booth than any other, because of them being out in the open elements vs the indoor covered type.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13562.0

AE_Collector

HarrySmith

Asking price was about $400. I offered $200 and it was accepted. Plus shipping $15.00
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Fabius

This showed up on eBay with a very high price and a "Make Offer" option. Asking price was $375. I offered $200 and it was accepted. Plus shipping $15. I saw it almost as soon as it hit eBay and made a offer and surprisingly it was accepted. It is a rare sign in excellent+ condition.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

Okay, the nomination period has closed so it's time to vote for the January 2015 Find of the Month. There are 10 contestants this month so lets do two votes each and everyone try to be certain to use both of your votes.

If you inadvertently only vote for one item, click the "remove vote" button to the left below the poll results and then vote again for two items.

The nominations for January cover a wide and varied range so it will be interesting to see which of the nominees will be selected by the membership as the telephone or a telephone related item as the one item they would have liked to have found for their personal collection or feel it is a truly great find for the new owner's collection.

. . . for Terry

TelePlay

An early reminder to cast your two (2) votes in the January Find of the Month contest (poll).

About 4 days left in the voting.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=13371.msg139986#msg139986

TelePlay

Okay, that's it for January, the first month's competition of 2015.

While Autonut's 1950's type 9A telephone booth was solid competition throughout the voting period, it couldn't close the gap with HarrySmith's painted Green AE 35 which took an early lead in the voting and stayed in front during the entire seven day voting period.

As such, it was the $5 green AE 35 that captured the award for "Find of the Month - January 2015." Congratulations to HarrySmith for both his excellent find and winning the award (and with something other than a WECo 500, quite a feat these days).

Thanks to everyone for their entries into the competition and thanks to all who voted.

Here is the "Find of the Month - Winners List" for all contests to date:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

Terry

HarrySmith

Thank you, Thank you. Please calm down, Thank You.
OK, I would like to thank all the little people without whom this moment would not be possible.
I expect the "check is in the mail"?

I am going to enter my 1950 500 I picked up at Maitland for this month. Has there ever been a back to back winner?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"