News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

dial color code question

Started by bushman, May 20, 2010, 11:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

So here is my dilemma. I have a 9 -56 ivory 500. but the dial is marked 7d-3 which would be black. I saved a busted up 500 a while ago for parts. The dial happens to have a date of 9-56 But it was refurbed and the 7c indicator has been blacked out right along with 50 color code. It was restamped 7d. Is there a way to remove the black paint that they used to block out the old numbers? And what was the difference between a 7c and a 7d dial?

Bushman

bushman

nevermind I will just leave it alone. That way nobody mistakes it as an original numbers matching phone.

Bushman

Dennis Markham

Bushman, I'm sorry.  I meant to reply to your post and I see I didn't.  I believe the 7C series dials were in sets of color.  The 7D series were in black sets only.

I may have a 7C dial with a -50 color code (Ivory) but it may not be the exact date.  If you'd like me to check on that for you I'd be glad to see what I have.  I don't know of any way to remove the black paint without disturbing the Vermilion paint below.  Unless perhaps you dab it with a Q-tip and some sort  of cleaner.

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010