News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mahogany Brown Model 500

Started by Dennis Markham, February 28, 2009, 01:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

A member of the phone clubs reported today that he found a Mahogany Brown model 500 in an Antique store YESTERDAY for the whopping price of $26.  AND it has a straight matching brown handset cord.  Now that is a very nice find.  Another member said that when colored sets came on the scene matching straight cords were available in Ivory, Yellow, Brown and Dark Gray.  I know other colors eventually came out in straight cords too...like red.  That was a heck of a find.  The moral of the story is that they are still out there folks. 

I'll bet he could have bought it for $25 if he dickered.  That's a $400 or more phone with the straight brown handset cord.

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Unfortuneately these stories always seem to happen East of the Mississippi, out West here very few treasures are ever found like that. When the big migration West happened, most items like radios, phones etc. stayed back East.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

BDM

Proof positive boys, keep on looking!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

That story does give hope for great finds!  I used to go to antique stores and thrift shops on a regular basis, but I've fallen out of the habit lately.  There are plenty around here, though, so I ought to start going again, and see what I can find.
= DARRIN =