News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

'60 WE 500

Started by benkeys, July 25, 2012, 06:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Quote from: benkeys on July 26, 2012, 04:09:44 PMIs there a way to boost phone line power?

I've seen REN boosters for sale before now, but the easiest way, a Panasonic KX-T308 or 616 is your best bet, as each extension can handle up to I think 3 REN, and 3 multiplied by 8 or 16, means lots of phones to ring...  ;D

benkeys

I see ring boosters on ebay, at 93.00 each..  and that Panasonic is a phone? what good would a phone do to increase my REN?
Ben K...  1960 WE 500 and 1972 SC 554   Always enjoying the sound of a phone with a bell ringer ringing....

poplar1

The Panasonic 616 is a phone system ("key system") originally used in businesses or large houses. It has capacity of 6 outside lines and 16 extensions. The extensions can be either multi-line Panasonic phones or regular rotary or Touch-Tone single line sets (or a mixture). You can call from one extension to another and receive or make outside calls. On a single line set you dial 9 for an outside line.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

Quote from: benkeys on July 27, 2012, 03:57:35 AM
I see ring boosters on ebay, at 93.00 each..  and that Panasonic is a phone? what good would a phone do to increase my REN?

The search box is a handy thing:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=7160.0

:)

southernphoneman

bakelite plastic had been discontinued by 1964 or 65