News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ITT 500 questions

Started by Atari1977, September 26, 2012, 10:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atari1977

I recently bought a an ITT 500 phone but haven't had much luck in getting the dial cover off of it. I read about the paper clip but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also I was curious as to how old this phone was, on the bottom it says 3-71 so I assumed 1971.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Atari1977

Where is the second stop? I turn it all the way from zero and it'll only go a bit further but it still doesn't release.

paul-f

After rotating the FW fully clockwise, use the paper clip to release the catch.  The FW should rotate clockwise about the distance between two adjacent numbers on the dial and stop.  It can then be lifted off.

There are several other descriptions in the TCI Library...

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?searchword=fingerwheel+removal&ordering=&searchphrase=all&Itemid=62&option=com_search
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Atari1977

Alright, I'm looking at the bottom and it looks like the tab is slightly to the side of the hole already, so it's a little hard to get purchase on it with a paper clip

Atari1977

Had a question, I took the plastic cover off to see the inside. However when I put it back on the dial looked lopsided, by which I mean it was sunken into the case on the left than on the right. Is this correct or how would I fix it?