News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A good day at the fle market, found another WE pay phone

Started by persido, May 19, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persido

I was at the flea market this morning, found another we pay telephone.  It was missing the information card so I made one up myself.

WesternElectricBen

Haf

Indeed, very nice! I wish I could walk such flea markets myself :(
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

persido

The seller was asking $125, I got it for $110. I also picked up a nice 1946 302 for $25, I've had good luck at this flea market, alot of phones every week. I must of seen 1/2 dozen 302's and tons of 500's. A guy had a table full of phones, there was a black federal, it kind of looked like a we 500, he was asking $25I could not get it, I had already spent all the I brought with me.
Anyone in northern Massachusetts , southern New Hampshire should check this place out.
Todds farm flea market, Rowley Massachusetts.

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: persido on May 20, 2013, 02:53:52 AM
The seller was asking $125, I got it for $110. I also picked up a nice 1946 302 for $25, I've had good luck at this flea market, alot of phones every week. I must of seen 1/2 dozen 302's and tons of 500's. A guy had a table full of phones, there was a black federal, it kind of looked like a we 500, he was asking $25I could not get it, I had already spent all the I brought with me.
Anyone in northern Massachusetts , southern New Hampshire should check this place out.
Todds farm flea market, Rowley Massachusetts.

That is a GREAT deal, I wish I lived near but I live in Minnesota...
Ben

Doug Rose

Persido.....What time did you get to Todd Farm on Sunday? Janet and I got there at 5:15 AM and we stayed until almost 9AM. Got some good stuff but I didn't see tables of phones and a 1/2 dozen 302s. I sure don't know how I missed that beautiful payphone. Everyone knows Jan as the "Phone Lady" as she goes every week. They usually save phones for her. They chase her down the aisles, "I've got something for you." When I go, they ignore me and talk to her. Good choice.  ::)

I guess I'm losing it, don't know how I missed all of those phones.....Doug
Kidphone

persido

Hey Doug 
Todds farm is a great place to go phone hunting.  I found the Pay telephone at a Jewelry sellers booth, he was located down the main road, the one cars are driving down to park. He did not have it out front it was on the ground next to his car, the 302 I bought was on the road where cars are leaving, the seller also had a red 500, he was trying to sell me.
Other 302's were located all the way over to the left of the main entrance, the seller was an older man he had 2 dialess we 302 with ring boxes along with a few trimline phones and a few 500's and a dialess SC with ring box. Another 302 was located at a booth near the main entrance, the seller had alot of old army items along with another dialess 302 with a ringbox.
The seller that had alot of phones was over to the right, where you can park if you get there early. He has mostly 60's-70's SC, I bought a white 1974 SC off of him, over in that same area was another 302 with no handset with a  bad blue paint job.
Doug another flea market I have good luck with is the Londonderry flea market, in Londonderry New Hampshire.

persido

Opps I didn't get a SC it's a Automatic Electric 1974

Sargeguy

Cool, it even as the vault door.  What model is it? 
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Rio

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on May 19, 2013, 06:20:53 PM
Very nice, may I ask how much you paid for it?

That is a beautiful payphone, I love those with the chrome return button, and the price is incredible. Congrats.