News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Wow, pretty cool, snow yesterday and flowers today!
Was the corner of your property floating away?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

DavePEI

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 16, 2014, 04:54:14 PM
Wow, pretty cool, snow yesterday and flowers today!
Was the corner of your property floating away?
Not that corner, but the other end of it now has a fine lake! Wonder if trout grew in the lake as fast as the flowers grew under the anchor? :) We have this lake most springs, but I have never seen it cover such a large area!

We should move the anchor down to the lake. I am, however, thinking of selling the anchor. Wouldn't want to have to ship it! When we bought it back in the 50s, we were told that it had fallen on one man, killing him, then when two men tried to lift it off him, one of them had a heart attack and passed away. Our killer 500 lb 19th century anchor!

Happily, though today's forecast called for snow or freezing rain as it cooled back down, we got none! 

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

Northern Wisconsin got a foot of snow last weekend. This is what it has looked like up there all day today. They are expecting another foot of snow when this slow moving storm ends and this map is what it looked like this morning. Hasn't changed in 12 hours time.

They are really thankful for global warming for if that wasn't happening, they'd be getting at least 2 feet of snow today, and once a week through about the end of August, just in time for fall temperatures to set in.  ;)

The bottom snow cover map is from 9 AM today, when the snow started to fall.

WesternElectricBen

Rough.. In the Twin Cities, we got not even a 1/2 inch of snow, but we did get some.

Ben

TelePlay

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 16, 2014, 10:04:19 PM
In the Twin Cities, we got not even a 1/2 inch of snow, but we did get some.

But I heard yesterday that it was -9° F (-22° C) over there a few days ago, in April. That true?

WesternElectricBen

I cannot exactly remember, but I do believe so, John. (-9 F)

Sadily, we got some more snow last night.. Sigh. Although, it is amazing they already cleared this road.

Ben

TelePlay

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on April 17, 2014, 08:32:20 AM
I cannot exactly remember, but I do believe so, John. (-9 F)

Sadily, we got some more snow last night.. Sigh. Although, it is amazing they already cleared this road.

My wife works for a company that has its corporate office in Roseville and she is the one who told me it hit 9 below a few days ago.

As for northern Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan, it's still snowing. 24 hours of steady snow. Here is this morning's radar weather map showing the size of that storm. Marquette, Michigan, should just about be buried right now.

DavePEI

Spring Forecasts!!
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

TelePlay

The snow has dissipated and moved north but what it left was a much deeper snow cover. Two feet of snow on the ground in the middle of April. The snow cover photo above is the before, this is the after, unless it's updated overnight.

dsk

The spring is coming now, slowly but it feels good  :)

Picture no1 and 3 are from Hakadal (home) The one in the middle are from our cabin in Risør.

dsk

WEBellSystemChristian

Here in Southeastern Wisconsin, we have had 65 degree weather for the past week, and everywhere I go it just looks and feels like summer! Everywhere except for my front porch, which had two inches of ice on it until this morning!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

It's the morning of May 5th, 2014, and it's still snowing in the northern parts of the US. High today is the Milwaukee area today is the low 40s F. It's been a long, cold seemingly never ending winter for sure.

WesternElectricBen

Oh you cheese-heads, we loved our 63 degree day, today. A beautiful day for our doubleheader baseball game.

Ben

TelePlay

Well, it's 9-10-14 and look what has appeared on the continental weather radar map.

Yep, that blue stuff in southern Aberta and northern Montana is SNOW ! ! ! ! ! ! !

AE_Collector

We in south western BC (Vancouver) like to laugh at Alberta whenever we get the chance and I would have been laughing if I didn't spend the entire day on a ladder painting and getting sunburnt!

Terry