News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

House of Telephones & Old Phone Works - Are they the same?

Started by Greg G., August 19, 2009, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I'm confused.  I was shopping around for line cords and wanted to compare the prices of these two.  The website software looks the same, but there is a difference in the home page menus.  When go to HoT line cords area, it now says OFW, and the prices and items are the same.  

http://www.oldphoneworks.com/

http://www.houseoftelephones.com/
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

House of Telephones used to be a separate company, run by an older gentleman in Texas.  Due to health problems, he sold his cord business to Old Phone Works in Ontario. 
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on August 19, 2009, 05:00:34 PM
House of Telephones used to be a separate company, run by an older gentleman in Texas.  Due to health problems, he sold his cord business to Old Phone Works in Ontario. 

Ok, that explains it. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Stephen Furley

Quote from: bingster on August 19, 2009, 05:00:34 PM

I hope this doesn't mean that they're just selling off the remaining stock, and then there won't be any more.

bingster

No, they bought all the machinery needed to manufacture the cords.  Same cords, same machines, just all in a new location.  To tell the truth, I was hoping for a bit of a quality improvement.  The cords I've bought have gone fuzzy with use.  Western Electric cords never got fuzzy.
= DARRIN =

foots

bingster, perhaps you can e-mail them and let them know about the cords.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"