News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Wanted -- Straight line ringer for North Electric 7H

Started by Zombie Dave, August 09, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Dave

I hope I'm using the right term. I'm still fumbling my way around proper terms for phone parts and will eventually finish my little glossary.  I'm in need of a straight line ringer. I'm unsure if they're all the same or if I need a certain one. I'm going to do some more reading and searching and see if I can find that info out. I mainly wanted to correct the title as I was originally asking for a 20 cycle ringer which I have since learned will not work on my line.

If you have one for sale please post a pic.

RB

Zombie Dave

Jim Stettler

20 cycle is the ringer frequency.
Since it is a frequency ringer  it won't ring on your phone line. You need a straight line ringer if you wan't it to ring..

Re: the pic request, I suspect that they want to see a photo of the phone.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Zombie Dave

Quote from: Jim S. on August 09, 2018, 05:30:36 PM
20 cycle is the ringer frequency.
Since it is a frequency ringer  it won't ring on your phone line. You need a straight line ringer if you wan't it to ring..

Re: the pic request, I suspect that they want to see a photo of the phone.
Jim S.

Ah! Ok thank you. I had gotten confused about what would work with the lines.
I'll update the title with the correct wanted ringer.

I'll reply to his post with a picture. I wasn't sure originally.

Thanks again.

David

Zombie Dave

Quote from: RB on August 09, 2018, 03:53:17 PM
can you post a pic?

Picture included. Please let me know if that's not the picture you were wanting. I didn't know if you meant inside of the phone or ringer.

LarryInMichigan

The North ringers consist of several parts, the coil and armature assembly, two gongs, and two brackets to hold the gongs.  Your phone is missing all the parts.  Steve Hilsz likely has what you need.  You might also be able to find a North base from a junk phone which has the parts you need.

Larry

Jim Stettler

I think a Straight line WE 302 ringer is what will work as a cheap and easy replacement.
Please correct the thread if I am wrong.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Zombie Dave

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on August 09, 2018, 08:30:24 PM
The North ringers consist of several parts, the coil and armature assembly, two gongs, and two brackets to hold the gongs.  Your phone is missing all the parts.  Steve Hilsz likely has what you need.  You might also be able to find a North base from a junk phone which has the parts you need.

Larry

I sent him and email and will wait to hear back from him.

Thank you for the reply and information.

David

Zombie Dave

Quote from: Jim S. on August 09, 2018, 11:41:23 PM
I think a Straight line WE 302 ringer is what will work as a cheap and easy replacement.
Please correct the thread if I am wrong.
Jim S.

Thank you!

LarryInMichigan

You can certainly use a ringer from a WE 302, but you will need to improvise a way to mount it to the base.  If the single gong ringer which is currently in the phone works, I would leave it until a proper North ringer becomes available.

Larry

Zombie Dave

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on August 10, 2018, 10:25:01 AM
You can certainly use a ringer from a WE 302, but you will need to improvise a way to mount it to the base.  If the single gong ringer which is currently in the phone works, I would leave it until a proper North ringer becomes available.

Larry

A WE 302 is an option. I was just hoping to experience the phone exactly how it would have sounded as original. I'm learning that that isn't always an option. :)

I have some time yet on this one. My goal is my birthday October 1st for my mom to be the first one that calls me on it as she  bought it as an early birthday gift.