News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Early 500 bases and #7 dials

Started by Vern P, February 10, 2010, 12:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vern P

I have been cleaning up some 500 set to sell re-tail. Mostly mod. sets. Wale doing this I have come across some mid to late 50's and 60's bases. Also some #7 dials with the color code markings.

I have been at this so long that I don't think about that some of the new collectors may like to have some of these bases and dials body.

The bases I am talking about have not been thru the re-furb shop, and have there old feet and network, some may have matching ringes. These are the base ONLY, no housing.

As for the dials, the body is marked with the color code, and most do not have a dial face, or are not the matching one. Case in point. Today I found a #60 Green (?) with a Beige face plate. I put the Beige FP on a newer dial body, that put the old body back on the shelf, for a "some day"

I also have a few 554 bases, but have not looked at them.

If any one would like some of these, drop me a note. These are cheap + ship.   

As I have said in the past, I have trouble loging in to the forum sometimes. So the best way to get a hold of me is to write me at

VERN1435@WEBTV.NET

Vern P 

jsowers

Quote from: Vern P on February 10, 2010, 12:47:06 AM
Today I found a #60 Green (?) with a Beige face plate. I put the Beige FP on a newer dial body, that put the old body back on the shelf, for a "some day"

Vern, -60 is light beige. FYI, here are the colors for 500 dials and their associated color codes:

-3    Black
-50  Ivory
-51  Moss Green
-52  Dark Gray
-53  Red
-54  Mahogany Brown
-55  Dark Beige
-56  Yellow
-57  Dark Blue
-58  White
-59  Pink
-60  Light Beige
-61  Light Gray
-62  Aqua Blue
-64  Turquoise
Jonathan

Vern P

Thanks for the note about the color chart. I was just going from memory, as I didn't have my list hear with me. 

But that is good info for other to know.

Vern P

Jim Stettler

Quote from: jsowers on February 10, 2010, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: Vern P on February 10, 2010, 12:47:06 AM
Today I found a #60 Green (?) with a Beige face plate. I put the Beige FP on a newer dial body, that put the old body back on the shelf, for a "some day"

Vern, -60 is light beige. FYI, here are the colors for 500 dials and their associated color codes:

-3    Black
-50  Ivory
-51  Moss Green
-52  Dark Gray
-53  Red
-54  Mahogany Brown
-55  Dark Beige
-56  Yellow
-57  Dark Blue
-58  White
-59  Pink
-60  Light Beige