"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 114: Western Electric 1955 Red Matching Date 500, Gray Cords

Started by TelePlay, March 20, 2014, 09:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotophor

$462

Were the 283B 4-prong plugs available in gray to match the line cord?
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6

TelePlay

A quiet auction until the last 3 seconds when a first time bidder jumped in to take the phone home for only $236.16. There were 9 bidders and 11 bids. And, the winner of Auction Contest #114 is AE_Collector, who with the seventh guess of this contest, offered the winning guess of $235.00  (missed it by that much, huh?)

That gives him his fourth win in the auction contests. Congratulations go out to him for winning and moving him up a rung in the contest standings from a 5 way tie at 3 wins to a 2 way tie with Bill Cahill, both having 4 wins.

How about that. And he will save the forum a lot of postage when he delivers the prize money from his right hand to his left hand, or vice versa . . .  ;)

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 114 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

AE_Collector

What...there is someone else on the forum using my AE_Collector name? It couldn't be me who won, being such a non expert on WECo!

Even more surprising is...I have won 4 of these contests now? I thought I was the king of "Missed it by that much" which usually means "lost out to someone else by that much".

Oh well, I'll take it because it is bound to be a long haul to the next win.

Thanks,
Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on March 24, 2014, 10:12:57 PM
Even more surprising is...I have won 4 of these contests now? I thought I was the king of "Missed it by that much" which usually means "lost out to someone else by that much".

Well, not really. Your average miss of the 4 contests you have won is 0.44%! In other words, of the contests you have won, you NAILED the selling price.

No one is close. You can see all the numbers in the CRPF -> Contest Standings <- list.

The next closest in having the smallest "average miss" are a few in the 2% range and a couple in the 3% range.  How much did you pay to get that "lucky" 4 times, Terry?  ;)