and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mystery Phone-please identify

Started by Dan, March 24, 2009, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

What could it be? I GREAT DETAILED AUCTION, I must say

http://tinyurl.com/c92hom
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

It could be one of the extremely rare Invisi-phones.  So rare that you can't even see it.  Just imagine the value of an invisible phone after that 302 sold last week for $2,800 and it was merely clear plastic.  What a find.  I'm assuming the seller will ad a picture soon, so the first pic below is a screen shot of the original ad, to get the joke. ;)

Ya know...some phones really should be invisible.  This one for example. 
I don't even want to know what that "artist" was smoking...
You might want to get a barf bag before you look at it: ::) :P

http://tinyurl.com/cw9ucn

Dan

It's a modularized version of the rare 1949 WE500, personally autographed by Henry Dreyfuss!(underneath all that crap, that is)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Man if only it wasn't modular.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

Wow, he added a picture and description-it's a pink princess!

AET

Quote from: Dan on March 24, 2009, 08:56:33 PM
It's a modularized version of the rare 1949 WE500, personally autographed by Henry Dreyfuss!(underneath all that crap, that is)
Trying to give Hobie a heart attack are ya?
- Tom

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan
It's a modularized version of the rare 1949 WE500, personally autographed by Henry Dreyfuss! (underneath all that crap, that is)

Oh tell me it ain't so. ;D

Dan/Panther; you know some methods for removing paint.  What do you think this one would require?  A quarter stick of dynamite for starters? ;)
Or something a bit more potent?:

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan
Wow, he added a picture and description-it's a pink princess!

Okay!  Let's say we all pitch in and buy it for Bill, put a little tu-tu on it and send it with a complementary bottle of Pepto Bismol. ;)

McHeath

I'm thinkin' D/P could get this 500 back in shape, he's the paint remover man.

And yeah, suppose that under all that crap is a 1949 chassis, oh the inhumanity!

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409