News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1500 proto type shown on you tube, very interesting

Started by Key2871, April 15, 2021, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

I just saw this on you tube, about a 2500 proto type from 1958. Sxsphil is the guy who posted it.
For those who haven't seen on up close, here it is.
I can't seem to capture a screen shot. Sorry

https://youtu.be/fMl3I4l27gk
KEN

david@london

Here you go....

MMikeJBenN27

1500, not 2500.  The 1500 was the 10 button version, the 2500 was the 12 button version.

Key2871

Oh brother, yup you are correct, but I can't change the info now. My bad. I was just excited to post it because I've heard of them read about them but not seen one in video form that really got into the details.
KEN

FABphones

I wonder what the writing says which is hidden underneath the piece of card where he shows the baseplate (maybe some chalked on personal notes)?

—-

*Heading amended to read 1500.   :)

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

david@london

I think there was a discussion of one of these being sold for a high price recently, but er...I can't find it.
Paul's page has some info: http://www.paul-f.com/weprotot.html#WE1500

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Fab, I had wondered the same thing. I noticed he used the card intenenally to block what was on the base and he didn't mention anything about it.
He usually mentions something about his phones.

But he said there were three wires to the network, but I saw I think on Paul's site about how many wires went to the network, and I thought it could have been a possible up grade from the phone on Paul's site.
Since this one used just three, and the other was several. More than a tone dial of the 60s
I had thought is he hiding the F number but then I saw the F number much further down..
KEN

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Key2871 on April 16, 2021, 10:21:25 AM
Fab, I had wondered the same thing. I noticed he used the card intenenally to block what was on the base and he didn't mention anything about it.

My guess is the phone is stamped "return to bell labs" or something similar
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Key2871

Well I think it belongs to another, as I saw a video of another prototype for a 500 set with a tone ringer in it, and in the same spot was a tag covering the base.
And he mentioned it wasn't his set, he did have permission to do a video on it though.
I'll find the link and post it here.
He has a lot of interesting sets that are field trials or custom sets.
KEN

Key2871

Quote from: Key2871 on April 16, 2021, 05:38:09 PM
Well I think it belongs to another, as I saw a video of another prototype for a 500 set with a tone ringer in it, and in the same spot was a tag covering the base.
And he mentioned it wasn't his set, he did have permission to do a video on it though.
I'll find the link and post , here https://youtu.be/jyUKcufrmSU
He has a lot of interesting sets that are field trials or custom sets.
KEN

Key2871

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the rotary dial is a 20pps dial, twice the speed as the regular dials.
And I do think the tag covering the markings is because the owner perhaps has labeled the set with their marking and wanted it kept private.
KEN