and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wow, Italian Starlite phone

Started by TIPandRING, October 25, 2008, 09:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TIPandRING

Starlite Phone, of Italian descent EDIT: Link dead 1-26-18

McHeath

Is it just my imagination or is there something different about this phone?

benhutcherson

Quote from: McHeath on October 25, 2008, 09:46:15 PM

Don't most of these have some sort of square silver/chrome/gold trim piece that goes around the dial?

bingster

Quote from: McHeath on October 25, 2008, 09:46:15 PM

I think it's invisible.

???

= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Ohhhhh I just realized... the whole first sentence is a link.   It's just hard to see.

= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Another mystery solved by detective Bingster. ;D

Mark Stevens

Quote from: bingster on October 27, 2008, 02:52:26 PM
Ohhhhh I just realized... the whole first sentence is a link.   It's just hard to see.

That's horrendous, isn't it?  You can't see links at all unless you make a point of assigning a particular color (or underline) to it.  I'll work on that!

Mark Stevens

OK kids, as you've seen, I did a link color change.  I did it "quick and dirty", and it changed the color of a whole bunch of the navigation links, too.  Does it look awful?  If the general consensus is negative, I'll try to isolate the internal post links. 
Gee...I sort of drove a truck right over this topic, didn't I?  Sorry!   :-X

BDM

Mark, IMHO the links need to be a lighter color. Like blue. Also, they would be easier to spot if underlined. Just my 2c ;)
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Mark Stevens

Quote from: BDM on October 30, 2008, 06:57:51 PM
Mark, IMHO the links need to be a lighter color. Like blue. Also, they would be easier to spot if underlined. Just my 2c ;)

Now what do you think? I picked a brown shade from the top navigation bar. I like the underlining idea too, but I'd have to make sure I could apply it only to the posts. Otherwise the whole forum would be over-run with underlining!  ;)

BDM

Yes better. At least it's not the same color any longer. That made it tough to distinguish links.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

I think the red links are easier to use, so far anyway.  When I first logged on today it was a bit confusing, till I figured out what was going on.  But then most days are like that, I get up, wonder exactly what is going on, and then slowly, usually by no later than 5pm, I've figured out what I'm supposed to be doing.  ;)