News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Conestoga 6" Tel&Te Co Mint Hubcap

Started by rfkimba, June 10, 2019, 04:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfkimba

Picked this beauty up at the TCI Lancaster meeting 6/8. I've been hunting for one for a long time. Unusual 6" size and unusual blue with thin  white speckled surface reverse. A few manufacturing bubbles are visible  in the white enamel. From the estate of a recently deceased longtime ATCA  member.
I was told there were two other small phone companies in this general region of Pa that eventually were swallowed up by PA Bell  .
Any thought?
Regards,
Bob Farber

HarrySmith

That's a great little sign! I like it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

I have seen a few examples of this sign, which is surprising for a small company. Unless it's the same one that keeps being offered for sale.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

rfkimba

Greg,
Jerry Williams had two one of which he has been marketing for more than a year at about double the price this was acquired for from an estate of a recently deceased member . I consider myself to be lucky.
Regards,
Bob Farber

Jim Stettler

Jerry Williams knows a lot about signs. He likes it enough to price it accordingly. That is the way to do it on your specialties.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You should base your buy  price on what you are willing to pay for an item based on condition, scarcity and desire.. Not based on the sellers buy price.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You have to sell to have the money to buy (or else the wife gets upset).
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.