News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

so, how many key phone do you use??

Started by Babybearjs, July 13, 2014, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I just posted some more photos on the board and now I'm asking, how many key phones do you use?? My collection is really getting big from what I originally started with.... for some reason I sure like buttons and bells!
John

WesternElectricBen

I use 2, because they are all hooked up in one bedroom. But, I intend on wiring (from 4 station capability) eight stations.

Also, I have a single line payphone hooked up.

Ben

Weco355aman

I have 67 6,10,20,30 button phones wired to 3 common lines throughout my property.
This does not include my display phones.
Phil

Babybearjs

Phil, You are the guy! the only one I know who sleeps with his phones!
John

AE_Collector

I have typically had 8 to 10 electronic key phones throughout my house going back to the mid 80's. I had 2 lines, then 3 and back to 2 but reduced to 1 awhile ago now since the kids moved out and faxes are on the decline.

That said, I hope to get a combined 1A1 / 1A2 system set up soon to replace the electronic system. I have everything that I need except the will power to get at it!

Terry

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE_Collector on July 15, 2014, 05:14:08 PM
I have typically had 8 to 10 electronic key phones throughout my house going back to the mid 80's. I had 2 lines, then 3 and back to 2 but reduced to 1 ahile ago now since the kids moved out and faxes are on the decline.

That said, I hope to get a combened 1A1 / 1A2 system set up soon to replace the electronic system.

Terry

What system do you use?

Ben

AE_Collector

Started with a NT Vantage. Then I finally had everything I needed to convert to NT Norstar 6-16. Eventually I upgraded the Norstar KSU to NT CICS. But Norstar never handled Call Display very well so when I got the oportunity to convert it all to a NT Venture (KSU-less) I did it.

Now that I only have 1 line I am tempted to go to the 1A1/1A2 system as I likely have enough pairs at most locations for 1 line plus intercom.

Terry