News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WANTED -- Fingerwheel needed for German phone bought on ebay

Started by Jon Kolger, May 12, 2016, 05:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Kolger

I bought this German phone on ebay last week.  The fingerwheel is broken, so I am in need of a good one.  I am hoping that someone on this forum might have one, or know where I might get one.  Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.  My apologies if this is not the correct section to post my inquiry.

unbeldi

Quote from: Jon Kolger on May 12, 2016, 05:45:21 PM
I bought this German phone on ebay last week.  The fingerwheel is broken, so I am in need of a good one.  I am hoping that someone on this forum might have one, or know where I might get one.  Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.  My apologies if this is not the correct section to post my inquiry.

oh, yes. 1959.   I was watching that, and saved the pics.
I think this was made not for German consumption, but for the Belgian RTT.  Notice that the dial numbering pattern is not German.
I thing this may even have been manufactured by Siemens in Belgium, Brussels perhaps?
The sets that were actually made in Germany usually have a location and date code on the bottom.

For a finger wheel you might check with Arwin here on the forum, who is closer to the sources. Also, perhaps Greek eBay seller Bobpatrick in Athens (IIRC) has some spare parts.  Bob has a good collection of these types; who knows... perhaps he has some parts.

Finding the minty green mounting cord will be also hard to find, perhaps one could use a round white vinyl cord and dye it a little.

PS:  I emailed Bob about a fingerwheel, I'll let you know by PM about his response.

Matilo Telephones

LOL, I was outbid on this one. :-)

I thought so too, that it was made for the Belgian market because of the lettering on the dial.

I have seen others with the marking Siemens Bruxelles on the back and I scrutinised the pictures for the decal or traces of it, but there wasn't any sign of it.

Many people doubt wether Siemens Bruxelles actually produced telephones. They may have just (partly) assembled phones, to avoid import duties and other restrictions.

Philips and Heemaf did something similar, whereby Heemaf would supply the components and MBLE would put the phones together.

Anyway, I have a fingerwheel that is in better shape than this one, that you can have. I may have a small crack near the center. These fingerwheels are somewhat brittle and prone to cracking.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

LarryInMichigan

Matilo Telephones

Thanks, Larry. Another thing that is typical for the Bruxelles telephones is that they do not have the normal Siemens date stamp, but simply the year of production on the bottom.
Groeten,

Arwin

Matilo Telephones

Had a look at that spare fingerwheel, but I don't thing it is the right one, I am afraid. Sorry.

See pics.

I am going to make one good phone out of 2. The right one has the fingerwheel I mean. You can have it if you like. But it is not the corrrect one.
Groeten,

Arwin