News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Call Director in Green

Started by Babybearjs, December 07, 2016, 04:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK, all you guys who collect call director phones.... here's one from Fresno CA... at $9.99 opening bid, I'd even snatch it up if I had the money and needed the phone!   looks great for parts!
John

pdxjim911

I thought I would make it easier for others to locate the listing since there was no mention of "Call Director".  There are actually two  up for grabs!

1)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/252672490103

2)  http://www.ebay.com/itm/252672489215

--------------------

EDIT: eBay screen captures added for posterity - #1) first; #2) second
Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

Babybearjs

Jim, are you bidding? one of them is already at $255 with 5 days left.... wonder whos going to get it???
John

Pourme

Both are at $255...same high bidder on each....
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Babybearjs

double check the listing number... I'm noticing that Ebay is listing the phones, not only by date, but also title... so the listing may be posted twice in different areas of the category... I think it has to do with the sorting function of the listings....(weird)
John

TelePlay

Don't think so.

One has 11 bids and the other 12. The bidders list is different and the photos are different. The seller may have used the start time function to have them start (and end) at the same time. When you use the start at a later date and time, there is always a delay in the eBay time stamp from the requested start time, I assume due to their system processing rate of time.

It may be coincidence they are at the same dollar value right now. The bid history shows 4 buyers and 12 bids for one and 5 buyers and 11 bids for the other.

The seller listed one to start at a later date and the put up the second phone using the list a similar item changing images only, maybe a couple of other descriptive thing. Then they started together at a later time and date.

So, two phones, IMHO . . .

poplar1

Look at the color caps on the keys. They are not the same on the two sets.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

pdxjim911

Hi John,

This is pretty amusing considering the shape of these phones.  I bid on the one without the Dymo labels, but when it went above $75, I walked away! The same guy wants them both and yeah, they can be cleaned up, but looks like a lot of work!

I was lucky and picked up a NOS beige 2631 in Lancaster this year for $60!  It was fun carrying it in a duffle bag with a new Stromberg Carlson 500 still in the box and having it x-rayed at Baltimore airport. It has an 8' five fingered amphenol cord so I was sure TSA was going to say something.  I went through without an issue or comment!

Hope all is well with you!
Jim Churchill
Hillsboro, Oregon

C*NET 1-821-9771

Babybearjs

the phones look like they came out of the radio station down in SF....KGO radio (KGO-TV, ABC) they seem to have been in storage for a long time.... very dusty!
John