WesternElectricBen

Don't you mean, daily dialer!! He he

Ben

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WEBellSystemChristian

Yeah, daily dialer.....hmmmm.....I like it! ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

JohnInWI

Christian,

You and your Dad did an excellent job of restoring and mounting the telephone.  I really like the way it is mounted.  Just beautiful!

-John

poplar1

Quote from: Sargeguy on December 04, 2013, 09:23:24 PM
Nice present, a 151 is a great "daily driver".  Nice choice of sub-set, luckily it's not a dud like so many of these are.  I like how the oak shelf matches the oak 295.  Of course for the sake of historical accuracy you probably should paint the sub-set black and add cowbells to it if you're going to use it with a 151-AL ;)

I'm sure Sargeguy is kidding about painting the subset and converting it from a 295A sidetone to a 495BP anti-sidetone subset. But it is acceptable to use an anti-sidetone 151 or 202 or 211 with a sidetone subset, and just tape the extra black lead from the phone.

It should be noted that during the 1930s, many non-dial desk stands were converted to dial-capable, even if they were to be used (with an apparatus blank) on non-dial lines. Some with apparatus blanks can even be found connected to 415H or 400K local battery subsets (3-bar or 5-bar generator).

Many times, the installer/repairman left an older subset on the wall and reused it with a newer set. So you sometimes find a 202 (1930 up)  or 151AL (1930s or 1940s conversion) connected to a 295A (pre-1920).
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

Thanks for the kind words guys. My mom is now using this at least once a day, and absolutely loves it!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

jfrutschy

The phone is stunning great job.  Congratulations are in order for both of you.  The display is awesome!  I hope your mother catches phoneitis  now to... 

Happy holidays

John