Pictures of My Telephone Collection - ETS1979

Started by ETS1979, March 11, 2010, 08:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Tonyrotary

Oh geez that is shiny! Darn it ETS now as I sit here looking at my 302 I think I need to polish it up some more! I know the case is easy to get shiny (relatively speaking) but just how did you get that handset so darn shiny? My F1 finish was too far gone I think and I had to resort to applying tung oil on the handset to bring back the finish. And still it is not as shiny as yours. You do great work!! :)

ETS1979

Yes bakelite is VERY difficult to refurbish.  On this phone I used an extremely nice, maybe even NOS handset that I had been saving.

ETS1979

Here are some photos of my Rose 302.  I do have a "before" photo for this one.  The color on the "after" photo is a little off.  The telephone still does show a little discoloration...  I have reposted pics where the color is a little more accurate...

JorgeAmely

ETS:

If you are not finlover, you are his long lost brother.  ;)
Jorge

Phonesrfun

Oh my!

Those are beauties.  Museum quality.  Enough to drool over.  

With all that magic you work, would it be safe to assume you have a magic wand?  Can you turn a scratched black 302 into a rose 302 just like the one you have?  *poof*

All kidding aside, I KNOW there are hours of painstaking work involved to do that, and in addion to admiring the finished product, I admire someone who has the patience and skills to do what you can do.

Folks, it looks like we have some real professionals amoungst us.

-Bill G

Tonyrotary

Bill, I agree there are some very talented people here when it comes to restoration. I hope to at least get half as good! It is fun to learn though how to get these old beauties to look like new. :)

ETS1979

My collection includes more than just 302's.  Here is an Imperial that I restored.  Note the wooden mounting plate.  It appears to be an actual WE part as it's woodworking looks a little to professional to be homemade.  I repainted the handset using pretty much the same polishing techniques I used on my plastic telephones.

On another note...I am currently the high bidder on the NOS red 302.  Since I am person of modest means, I will probably not be the winner.  But it will be nice to "own" it for a little while!

bingster

ETS, if you wouldn't mind, could you go over to the painting techniques thread toward the top of the "Troubleshooting and Repair" forum and add any tips/techniques/material recommendations for painting, please?  This handset looks very nice, and I've had the devil's own time trying to paint one, myself.
= DARRIN =

ETS1979

Here is a picture of one of my few non WE telephones.  It is a Stromberg Carlson 1243.  I repainted the case.  It took several attempts to get the paint this good.  It required very little polishing.  The handset is a nice original.

JorgeAmely

ETS:

The red 302 you own is nicer looking than the never used red 302.
Jorge

bingster

Very pretty SC 1243.  I love the lines of that phone.
= DARRIN =

ETS1979

Thank you...Did you see my post on the painting topic?  I hope it was helpful. 

bingster

Yes, and thanks for posting that!  I appreciate the help.
= DARRIN =

ETS1979

Here's a picture of my Princess phone.  It is an early model.  Note separate ringer box.