News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bwanna, thought you might like this photo.

Started by Dan/Panther, November 25, 2009, 11:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Found this for sale on ebay.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

hey i really like it when my name is in headlines. ;D

where's her hard hat ??? :o   automatic 3days off. >:(

thanks d/p
donna

bingster

The pretty white sweater is probably out of place at the top of a pole, too. She looks like she's goin' on a date. ;)
= DARRIN =

bwanna

she's probably tripping on those long bell bottoms, too. at least she doesn't have painted fingernails.

i found the ad on ebay, it is from 1972. wonder if alana made a career in I&R ???

i would have to say bell's campaign to recruit females to work in the field was not very successful. we have close to 200 techs in our district. 4 gals. i am the only one there by choice. the other 3 were suprlussed out of other depts & took a field job instead of being laid off.
donna

McHeath

QuoteThe pretty white sweater is probably out of place at the top of a pole, too. She looks like she's goin' on a date.

Maybe that's who she talking to. ;)

She's dressed better than a few of the AT and T guys, and they are usually guys in my area, that have come to fix this and that over the years.  One of them looked like he'd just hopped off his skateboard and must have left his skater krewe out by the curb.  He was very good at fixing what was broke, and showed up in about 5 minutes from when I called it in, not kidding, but his clothes were heavy on the teen skater side of things. 

Dan/Panther

Quote from: McHeath on November 26, 2009, 11:45:00 AM
QuoteThe pretty white sweater is probably out of place at the top of a pole, too. She looks like she's goin' on a date.

Maybe that's who she talking to. ;)

She's dressed better than a few of the AT and T guys, and they are usually guys in my area, that have come to fix this and that over the years.  One of them looked like he'd just hopped off his skateboard and must have left his skater krewe out by the curb.  He was very good at fixing what was broke, and showed up in about 5 minutes from when I called it in, not kidding, but his clothes were heavy on the teen skater side of things. 

She's talking to Oliver Douglas.. :o :o :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

jiggerman

I remember in the very early 70's my best friend worked for Bell Canada. He went to work every day in his Bell uniform,he even tried to grow sideburns and a moustache but wasn't allowed.  Boy have times changed. Jiggerman

dsk

bwanna

dag, your pic is much more realistic looking. i wish i could enlarge it, quite curious as to the climbers the gals are wearing. it appears they are hanging on by their toes!

heath, your story goes to show "you can't judge a book by it's cover". however, it's my opinion that we should try to appear professional. based on looks, there are a few guys i work with that i wouldn't let on my property. i have seen pics from way back & the linemen were wearing neckties!
donna

dsk

Sorry the picture is as I found it,

These may be better,

(Student trying at a fair.)

(The winner of the national contest 2008)

Just to illustrate Norwegian pole climbers.

dsk

bwanna

huummm, i'd like to try those.  check out that chick's workboots :o
thx dag :)
donna

McHeath

dsk

Since my English is so limited,  :D I could say:  "very well" ;D.

The principle is force multiplied with arm, and using some spiky arms holding on both sides of the pole.

Take a look at these two links:
An article in from a competition:

http://www.bkk.no/servlet/se.ementor.econgero.servlet.presentation.Main?data.node.id=58&data.document.id=37180&data.language.id=2

A film from a competition:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/sognogfjordane/verdi/102211

And here you have a 100% girls team before the competition:
http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/distrikt/hordaland/verdi/102136
3 young apprentices.

dsk

McHeath

Ah I see now.  Very interesting.  Bwanna, do we in the USA use climbers such as these? 

bwanna

heath, i have never seen anything like these :o i think i would give them a try, if i had the chance. :-[
donna