News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

GTE 192

Started by Tonyrotary, April 24, 2009, 03:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyrotary

This phone looks kinda cool and seems to be in good shape. Tempted to try for it.

Dan

That's a starlite wall phone, automatic electric's answer to the princess. I think they went one step up from Western Electric  because WE didn't make a wall princess, but their styling on the princess is better to me. I like AE's, I think they  are built even better than We's (I just ducked a thrown shoe from someone)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

Dan, can I have my shoe back?
- Tom

McHeath

QuoteI like AE's, I think they  are built even better than We's (I just ducked a thrown shoe from someone)

Heresy!  We may have to thumbwrestle to the death on this one! ;)

Dan

Sorry, but the AE34 and 40 have it all over the WE302, with AE's chromed and gold banded handpiece caps. The starlite is uglier than the princess, but you gotta love the AE90 wall phone, with it's side hook receiver (the 554 is boring). The AE 80 deskset looks like a WE500 that has been customized, rounder, swoopier, cleaner... Even the ring is prettier...

Let the flames begin, I can take it, I'm a big boy!! The shoes are flying!!!!!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan
Let the flames begin, I can take it, I'm a big boy!! The shoes are flying!!!!!

Sorry Dan, no flames or shoes from me.  I like both the AEs and the WEs for lots different reasons, and own about an equal amount of each.

Tonyrotary

Well I bid a small amount and somebody wanted it more than me. I was not going to stay up late and snipe for that phone....lol. Still I might have to get one of these one day.