News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another CL find.

Started by Greg G., August 19, 2009, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

12-61 Black WE 500.  Talked the guy down from $60 to $20.  Fully functional, but the line wire needs to be replaced I think.  I wondered why the wires on the inside were taped.  I found out why when I moved one and a piece of the outer part flaked off in my hand.  The feet are a bit rusted, not sure how to fix that, they're riveted on.  The emergency numbers are a self-adhesive sticker that was inserted in a plastic clip w/o removing the backing.  Per the Ten Project database, BR and MA are most likely California exchanges.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

foots

Not bad at all for $20. I too have a couple of phones with rusted and cracked feet. I wonder if 302 feet would fit - might not be original but better than rusted and cracked feet. At least until there is a better alternative.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan/Panther

As far as I know the 302 feet will fit perfectly, just not original, but undetectable, unless you pick the phone up.
I also wrote a tutorial on how to recover the 302 type feet.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

No worries about replacing the mounting cord.  It's actually designed for the 302 and 102.  Model 500 cords have their conductors covered in a non-deteriorating vinyl instead of rubber, and have the little restraint that clips onto the base plate.
= DARRIN =