News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1937/'36 WE 302 E1 or F1 what's rarer?

Started by Telephones_etc, January 20, 2019, 07:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telephones_etc

Hello all. Just thinking about a first year WE 302, and is a E1 or (seamless) F1 handset rarer?

"The day will come when the man at the telephone will be able to see the distant person to whom he is speaking."

-Alexander Graham Bell

poplar1

Quote from: Telephones_etc on January 20, 2019, 07:25:50 PM
Hello all. Just thinking about a first year WE 302, and is a E1 or (seamless) F1 handset rarer?

Only a few black grooveless handsets have been reported.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Jim Stettler

I have handled a 1936 F style handset that was built in threaded sections  like an E . Meaning you had the caps, a section for the element , and the handle.
It was on a 1936 shell and base w/hookswitch.
It was at one of the Lyon's shows.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

rdelius

This is the handset on my 1936 field trial set

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: rdelius on January 20, 2019, 09:36:17 PM
This is the style I am referring to. I think the one  I saw may of unscrewed at the handle as well.
They are an unusual handset
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Ktownphoneco

rdelius .....    The last time you posted a picture of that handset, you mentioned it was packed away or in storage.   Were you ever able to located it ?     I'd love to get another picture of the underside of the receiver cartridge and the "D" number (D97730)  stamped in the receiver diaphragm.    Ultimately I would like to do an article for the TCI Singing Wires Newsletter showing the connection that I believe exists between your Western Electric prototype / experimental / field test "F" series handset, and the Northern Electric "NF" handset, which Northern used on the first Uniphones that were produced in September of 1935.   If I can gather enough information, I'm quite sure I can make a connection between the two handsets.   I'm convinced that the electrical component(s) of the N.E. "NF" handset came out of the same Bell Laboratory in the U.S.A. 

Thank you.

Jeff Lamb     

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on January 20, 2019, 09:36:17 PM
Robbie....any chance of you posting a few pics of the '36 302. Does it only have 1 mouse hole in the back for both cords. Manual or 4H? dial. Pictures of the inside would be fully appreciated as well....many thanks. what an amazing find...Doug
Kidphone

Ktownphoneco