News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Great day at the auction.

Started by sebbel, November 17, 2012, 08:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

Its been a while since I've been to an auction worth mentionning. But today not only did I score a few phones but I got myself a keeper , I got it so low that I just decided to spend a bit more on a few mixed lot and that turned out great too!

20-B - 40$ (repro receiver)
N50AL with early N14 dial 50$ (ex lamp needs fixing)
N50AL  in plug and play condition! 90$

I'll let you take a wild guess at what the keeper is.

I also scored some good tobbaco tins 2 of which are unopened and some victorian goodies.
Seb.

LarryInMichigan

What finds!  That early dial must be worth much more than the phone cost.

Larry

sebbel

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 17, 2012, 10:42:43 PM

Larry

It would be. Unfortunately that dial is completely busted. I almost cried when I saw that. I don't use most of my phones so I'm going to take it off and keep it as a show piece until I can find a better one. I'm still very happy with my finds but that did kind of spoil it.

I actually was more excited about the 20-B. I just put a new receiver on it. I think it's a beautiful stick and it's practically  flawless.
Seb.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: sebbel on November 17, 2012, 11:18:57 PM
Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 17, 2012, 10:42:43 PM

Larry

It would be. Unfortunately that dial is completely busted. I almost cried when I saw that. I don't use most of my phones so I'm going to take it off and keep it as a show piece until I can find a better one. I'm still very happy with my finds but that did kind of spoil it.

What is busted on it?  I have an AE stick with a "mercedes" dial which had problems, but I managed to repair it.  If you post pictures, we might be able to suggest options for fixing it.

Larry