"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

302 Normal price?

Started by sebbel, February 19, 2012, 09:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

http://tinyurl.com/8yshkzw

Is that a normal price for a 302 or another ebay snafu?

Is that the kind of money my 465 is worth? Maybe I should keep my 2 year old away from it then...

Seb.

canuckphoneguy

I just bought a working 302 for $25 from Kijiji. This one looks really nice though. I'm new to this and am never too sure about what a fair price is to ask. This is the best place to find out!

Dennis Markham

The 302 you referenced, sebbel is not your run-of-the-mill 302, straight from the flea market.  It looks like the seller spent a lot of time making it a beautiful yet functioning collector piece.  Perhaps for the person looking for just one perfect phone for their home or office, it's well worth the money.  Looks like a top-notch job.

Disclaimer......I do not know the seller but have seen his/her work in the past.  Looks first-rate.  Even the dial card is original.

sebbel

Agreed. This is a top notch restoration job. Nevertheless that makes me think I should treat the on my desk a little more seriously. :) Specially now that I know it's in full working order.
Seb.

Phonesrfun

This is a test.  Can someone else spot the wiring snafu of the 302 in the e-Bay auction?

giveaway hint:  If the buyer has a house or apartment with two lines wired to each jack, this phone would render the second line inoperable.
-Bill G

Kenny C

The yellow and black line wires are wired together to GND. That would short out the line.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Kenny:

You are absolutely CORRECT!

-Bill G