"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just bought all of these phones

Started by LarryInMichigan, February 01, 2010, 06:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400099471863

The starting bid was $.98, so I couldn't resist bidding though I need another black 500 like I need another month of winter.  It looks like all three handsets are G1s, and the shells may be soft plastic.  One of the phones is a 5302.  There may be an old phone in the future for a friend or two.

Larry

bingster

Holy cow!  Do we need to stage an intervention, Larry? :)

Heck, I've seen those dial blanks go for more than $6. I think you got the bargain of the day with that lot.
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

Larry, no doubt you did get the bargain of the day...even with shipping.  I laughed at your "one more month of winter" comment.  Good comparison. 

Dan

Nice buy. I saw those and was tempted to give the 5302 to Atomic Era Tom, since he wanted to join the 5302 club.

I am like you, way too many phones. The hunt for a bargain is funner sometimes than the bargain.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Speaking of Atomic Era Tom, he's been quiet lately.  He must be working overtime.

LarryInMichigan

There's a 5302 on ebay now (#220546412305).  I was planning on bidding on it, but now that I just bought one, I will not.

Larry

LarryInMichigan

The phones arrived this afternoon, and I have started sorting through the mess.  All have gone through refurbs, but there are some interesting items.  Two of the 500 shells are soft plastic, one dated 1953 and the other 1963.  One of the 425b networks is dated 12-53 and another 4-59.  One of the 500s is mostly from the early 1970s, but it has a 1950s dial.  There are two G1 handsets.

The 5302 has a base/network/ringer dated 1949.  It has a G1 handset with an F1 transmitter and an H1 receiver.  The handset is bakelite, but the transmitter and receiver caps are plastic.  The F1 transmitter seems to be embedded inside of the transmitter cap.  If anyone can tell me how to remove the transmitter capsule from the cap without breaking anything, I would be grateful.  Everything is quite dirty, and there is alot of mold, so I would like to thoroughly clean all of the plastic and bakelite parts, but I don't want to soak a transmitter capsule.

I hope to post some pictures after I have done some cleaning and disinfecting.

Larry

AET

Yes I have, plus computer troubles :(

Dad got rid of the account my credit card was on, so I am trying to get a new credit card and get back in comission on eBay.  I miss it :(

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 01, 2010, 10:05:42 AM
Speaking of Atomic Era Tom, he's been quiet lately.  He must be working overtime.
- Tom