News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NE 302 Rings as Dial returns....

Started by RotarDad, August 21, 2012, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

I just added a modular line cord to my NE302 to use it in our office.  I put the Green wire to L1 and Red to L2.  The original line cord had a longer yellow which connected to GND on the small board next to the coil, so I put a jumper from GND to L1 and the phone does ring on incoming calls.  However, the ringer will ding lightly sometimes during return of the dial on numbers 4 and higher.  Since it does not do this "hung up", it must be an electrical issue.  Any thoughts on this?  Thank you!
Paul

poplar1

Try putting red line cord wire on L1 and green on L2, which is correct way for a 302.  (They were reversed for some reason when the 500 came out.) If this doesn't work, check the tension on the bias spring (located between the ringer coils): there are 3 notches; if it is in the lowest notch (toward the front of the phone), try moving it to the middle notch.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotarDad

David - That was it - thank you!!   I didn't really pay attention to green and red location when I took off the original line cord.  I just assumed it was like a 500....  assuming is often dangerous I know.   Anyway, I switched the green & red and left my GND jumper going to L1 (500 style) and all is well now.  Thanks again...
Paul

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.