News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Silver Imperial

Started by Pourme, March 19, 2017, 10:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Although I knew the silver version existed, all I have ever seen on EBAY was the gold version. This is the first silver one I have seen offered. I decided I wanted it to display next to my gold one. At snipe time the bid was only $26. The phone has no cords so that was going to mean that I would be looking for the proper cordage for a proper Imperial. Not a cheap purchase, if they could be found. I did notice there were 21 "watchers" involved.

In the end it seems I brought a knife to a gun fight. I thought I had a chance if I sniped at double the long standing high bid so with 7 seconds to go, I bid $52. Ha Ha!...My bid don't even show up in the final tally!...I was stampeded in the final seconds!...

The final price $140.29! I didn't pay anywhere near that for any two of my other Imperial/Continentals.

Oh well...Next time I will remember.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-not-Gold-Imperial-Western-Electric-202-Telephone-/361926182529

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AL_as_needed

Do we know if another member was the lucky winner?

I normally think silver/gold phones can be a bit tacky but the imperial, being so simple and elegant is a beautiful phone in silver/white.
TWinbrook7

Pourme

Quote from: AL_as_needed on March 19, 2017, 10:49:13 AM

I normally think silver/gold phones can be a bit tacky but the imperial, being so simple and elegant is a beautiful phone in silver/white.

I meant to ask the same question in my post. These phones surpass the norm of what may look good in silver or gold, I agree. The place these occupy in WE history intrigues me. I enjoy collecting the different versions of Imperial/Continental pieces.

Benny
Benny

Babybearjs

Its not Silver, its "Chrome"!
John

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AL_as_needed on March 19, 2017, 10:49:13 AM

They are tacky, that is probably why I buy them.  I put them in the "Shiny" part of the collection.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JimHyak

Ooooooo shiny,  I like them too for reasons I'm not really sure of. I think it's because they're not black like the 23 million "standard" phones. I didn't snipe this one though, but I was a watcher. I have bought too many recently, according to my wallet, and have a phone hangover at the moment. :P
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

oldguy

I was bidding on that one too but didn't expect the price it got in the last few seconds.
Gary

Pourme

That was a big last second jump!
Benny